The Preliminary Round

Naruto's POV

Once we got the Heaven Scroll from the rain ninja, we went through the front doors of the tower and opened both the Earth Scroll and the Heaven Scroll. After we opened them, Iruka came out of the scroll, telling us we passed. "I'm glad to see you guys are all right." He said with a smile.

"Iruka-sensei, we lost Miu-chan. We think she might be dead." I said. "What are you talking about, Naruto? Miu is here, in the infirmary." Iruka-sensei said. "What?! She's here?!" I said. Sasuke looked at him as well. "Yeah, follow me,"

Iruka lead us to the infirmary and opened the door to reveal Miu, sleeping in a hospital bed. "Kakashi and I found her just outside the doors. She had a high fever and had a panic attack earlier. Other than that, she's doing fine," Iruka-sensei explained.

Sasuke went over to Miu and gazed down at her. 'But how is that possible? She left with that Orochimaru guy. Did she change her mind?' I thought. "How did she get here?" Sasuke asked as his hand was gently placed on her cheek. 

"That's the strangest thing. We don't know how. With a high fever, she must have pulled through. But somehow, I doubt that. Without any medical treatment, she should be dead. If you ask me, I think someone helped her." Iruka said.

I don't care how she got here. I'm just glad she's safe. A smile made its way to my face as I stared at Miu, happy to see that she was okay.

Miu's POV

Sasori was all I could think about as I slept. I miss him already. After a while, I decided to wake up. I opened my eyes then sat up before rubbing my eyes. "Miu-chan!" I heard someone cheer my name. I was unexpectedly hugged by Naruto. "Naruto?" I said.

"Thank goodness, you're alright! I was so worried about you!" He said. "You're too loud." I mentioned. "How are you feeling, Miu?" Iruka-sensei asked me. "Dizzy. O-Other than that, I-I feel fine." I answered. "I'm glad to hear that. The next part of the exams are about to start. Are you sure you still want to compete? You don't have to, you know." He asked me.

I shook my head. "I'm ready." I said before getting out of bed. I realized I still had the little wooden mannequin in my hand. I smiled and hid it in my clothing as my team and I walked to the big arena. "How'd you do it?" I looked at Sasuke. "Excuse me?" I asked.

"How were you able to make it here all on your own?" He asked. "I just had a little help, that's all, and I'd like you to stop asking questions." I said before listening to what the proctor had to say, but I think I can guess what we're going to be doing next; We're going to fight each other.

I just hope I go last. I looked up at the big screen as it began to read off the names of who will be fighting who. 'Please let me be last. Please let me be last' I thought over and over. But of course, since things like to backfire on me, I was went first and was going to be fighting Kabuto Yakushi.

I sighed. "Good luck, Miu-chan." Naruto said with a smile. I gave him a small smile and stepped forward while everyone else went onto a balcony. This shouldn't be hard, right? I could just read his mind and detect his next movement.

Easy enough, right? Yeah, right. "Just so you know, I'm not going to go easy on you just because you're a girl." Kabuto informed. I didn't respond as I stared blankly at him. I just want to get this over with. "If you're ready, you may begin." Hayate said.

I got in a fighting stance. Kabut smirked before throwing shuriken at me. "You know, you can stop objects with your mind, right?"

I gasped slightly. Sasori? He's here? I took his advice and decided to try it out. I focused on the shuriken that were flying at me and stopped them when they were about to hit me. I smirked before letting the shuriken fall to the ground.