12//Different you

I apologize in advance if this chapter sucks because I have bad writers block right now. I couldn't think of anything for shit😭.

•••

Carmen

After the incident with August five days ago, he's been acting different. It's like he lost it that day and now he's really sweet, sweeter than usual. I like him like this honestly.

"Babe, where ya' at?" I heard his voice fill my ears as he walked in my office. I had my own office at home and at my shop. I was currently at the shop so I could place more orders.

"Office." I heard his footsteps become louder until he was in front of me as I sat in the chair. Since he was so tall, it was like he was an actual giant. "Skinny mini." I teased.

"Shut yo' fuckin' ass up man." I laughed at his seriousness.

"Babe don't be mean." I stuck my bottom lip out and he chuckled.

"Aiight. When yo' break though?" I looked at the clock on m computer and put my arm out so he could help me up.

"Right now." He pulled my arm and I went flying forward. "Asshole." I grabbed my keys and shut my computer. "Where are we going?"

He grabbed my hand as I locked my office door and we walked out, "Wherever the hell I take you." I stopped walking and turned around.

When I reached the door, his arm was around my waist, pulling me back. "I'm sarry. It's a surprise." I smiled and proceeded to his truck. "You such a baybeh." He chuckled as he started the truck up before pulling his seatbelt on.

"Weell.."

"Weell." He copied me. "I swea' you gon' be the death of me." I smiled and leaned over to kiss his cheek.

"I love you." He glanced over at me.

"I luh you too." He pulled up to a red light and turned the radio up a little bit. He switched between the four stations and neither of them were playing good music so he cut if off altogether.

"It's hot in here."

"So take off all yo' clothes." He sang making me shake my head at his antics and turn the air on. "Don't be touchin' my shit." He pointed his finger in my face before pulling off.

"Oh please. Like you don't turn the fuckin' air on at night when it's cold as hell in that big ass house."

"Nigga my balls be sweatin'."

"Fucking nasty."

"I'm jokin'." He busted out laughing making the car swerve.

"Babe be careful." It was starting to rain and these people don't know how to drive. At all.

"We good." I sighed at his words because I knew how he was. "Why you sighin' and shit?"

"Because Aug, you won't listen. The rain is getting worse and your still speeding." He slowed down for the rest of the ride.

When we got to Sagano's we got out and ran to the door. I had a long lunch so we would be good. Surprisingly there wasn't a lot of people so we got seated rather quickly. Which I was glad because I didn't feel like standing and waiting. I was hungry now.

"That fire is so hot." Here they cooked your food right in front of you.

"Duh nigga, it's fire. What you think? It was gon' be cold?" I mugged him and took a sip from my drink. I looked around and saw that people were starting to fill in.

I caught someone taking a picture so I stuck my middle finger up. "Why you do dat? The press 'bout to be irritatin' the shit outta me." He groaned.

"They take things overboard. All I did was stick I the middle finger. They are trying to make me out to be this bad girl. Why?" It was true, every time they would post something about me, they would try to make it seem like I was a bad person or something. They don't know me.

"That jus' how it is baybeh. Don't worry 'bout them though. Aiight?" I nodded and he grabbed my chin and pecked my lips before the chef started cutting the chicken up.

He popped some in both of our mouths making me giggle as the second piece flew out of Aug's mouth. "That chicken good as fuck."

"Yeah, how's ya' bid'ness goin' though? Yeen really talked ta' a nigga in a while." I frowned.

"What are you talking about? I have talked to you."

"Nah. I mean like, really talked ta' me. Yeah, you talk ta' me but it ain't always what I wanna talk about. Tell me shit." He took a sip from his drink while looking at me.

"Well, I guess so. My shop is doing good actually along with the clothing line." I shrugged, there really wasn't much going on.

"Mhm. What else, babe?"

"Nothing."

"How you doin'?"

"I'm good for the most part."

"How ya' day been so far?"

"Good." I frowned. This was a different August. "Can I ask you something?" He nodded and swallowed his Coke. "Why am I seeing this different you?"

"I'on know."

"Hm." Our noodles were being placed in front of us and I couldn't wait to taste it. Now we were waiting on the actual food.

For the rest of lunch, we talked and joked around before we headed back to my shop. Since I would be here a lot longer than I expected, he would be going to the studio until I told him to come and pick me up.

He walked me inside and stood with his hands around my waist as he looked around at the different people. "Babe." He looked down at me and I moved my hands around his chest.

"Sarry. Gimme kiss so I'ca go." He leaned down and I stood on my tip-toe a little and placed a sweet kiss on his lips as he asked.

There was a throat being cleared which made me frown and turn around. "What do you need Lawrence?"

"Are you back from your lunch?"

"I am. Why?"

"Can I go on mines now?"

"You're not my assistant. If it says that you go on lunch at 3:25 then you go. You don't need assurance from me." He nodded and walked away. "He was only doing that to piss you off. I'm gonna let you go though. I love you."

"I luh yo fine ass too." He pecked my lips a few times before letting me go.

I was glad the rain had went away because I would've been worried especially since he had this appointment coming up for his eyes.

"Hey boss." A worker spoke to me as I was walking back into my office.

"Hello." I smiled politely and unlocked the doors and sat down when I reached my actual office door.

--

Boring. I hate having writer block, honestly.

Vote, comment.

Leave feedback and excuse mistakes.