15//We Gon' Be Alright

I'm in a good mood right now 🙃

--

Omniscient

August didn't know what to feel; his lover was fighting for her life not to long ago. Not only that but she was carrying his child. If anything, he wished it was him who was shot. He knew his child was gone because he was sitting in the room with Carmen as she slept.

Carmen groaned making August alert. He wiped his face to make it seem like he hadn't been crying but you could still tell.

"Babe." She winced as a pain shot through her stomach where she was shot.

"Lemme get the docta'." He walked out leaving Carmen in her thoughts.

Her mind immediately went to her baby. She felt so bad that she took away August's joy. She felt like it was her fault because she should've been more careful.

The doctor came in and examined her. He asked her a few questions. She wanted to be left alone. She didn't even want to talk to August because she felt as if he was going to blame and yell at her.

They sat in silence for a while before August decided he would speak up. "It ain't ya' fault. I know that's what you thinkin' so stop." She sniffed and shook her head.

"It is August. I could've been more careful."

"It's not. Stop sayin' da' shit." He sighed hoping she would stop blaming herself for something like this.

"No. And if you wanna go ahead and leave me I'm fine with that."

"The hell is you talm 'bout?" He frowned trying to figure out why she would say something like this.

"I know someone who left their partner after a miscarriage. He didn't want to be with her anymore because of it." She tried to move and get comfortable but it only caused pain.

"Dat ain't gon' happen. What happened--happened for a reason. It's fucked up but we gon' be alright. I got you as long as you got me aiight?" She nodded and reached out for him.

"I love you."

"I luh you too."

"Forever?"

"Yeah."

"Can you say it?"

"Foreva'." She weakly smiled at his words. She didn't wanna let go but she did.

--

It had been two weeks since the incident and they were back home. August was tired of acting like he was strong when he wasn't. He locked himself in one of the extra bedrooms. He was slanging things across the room and even out a few wholes in the wall.

While he was doing that, Carmen was in the bed crying herself back to sleep. She was crying because of the pain but also because of the loss of her child. She didn't understand why this was happening to her. To them.

She could hear August in the other room since it was only down the hall but she didn't want to bother him not piss him off. She wanted  to help but she couldn't move good since she was still having pains.

She hated that she couldn't move around like she usually could. She hated that she had to be helped with doing most things. She hated this all and was ready for it to be over with. She still sometimes blamed herself but had been trying not to.

It was 5 in the morning and since she couldn't really go anywhere, she felt around for August. When her hand touched his shoulder he shot up.

"You alright?" His eyes were red and you could tell that he had been crying.

"I'm okay. Um, I don't mean to bother you or anything but can you please get me something to drink and my pills. I'm sorry I'm waking you up in just really in p-"

"You good. I'a get it. I told you if you need me I got you." He stood up and stretched before proceeding downstairs and getting her something to drink to go with her pills before going into the bathroom to get her pills so she could feel a little but better at least.

Although it almost been a month since everything has taken place, they still were in the same condition as they were when it had first happened.

"Thank you babe."

"It ain't nothin'. When you done we gotta change ya' bandage." She sighed and nodded before taking the paper that he had crushed the pull up in and held it up to her mouth before letting it slide inside.

When it was in her mouth, she drank from her cup and swallowed. He watched her as she took the pill and took everything from her before helping her up from the bed.

They hadn't told anyone about it and Essence and Arieanna were starting to grow worried as their friend hasn't contacted them in such a long time.

They planned to pay her a visit but they were so busy that they couldn't get around to it. Carmen felt bad that she hadn't called them and let them know that she was okay. She saw their text messages she just didn't open them.

"Do you think we will ever get better?" Carmen asked out of the blue. He had been thinking about it himself to be truthful.

He didn't want to lie to her or anything so he just answered with a simple, "I don't know baybeh. I don't."

"I think we should go to church next week. It could be a start." She shrugged and he thought about it before nodding.

"Yeah. We can go." She weakly smiled and pulled his face up to her for a long kiss. They hadn't been affectionate since the day of the tragedy.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome my love."

--

Sooooo um yeah.

I didn't know what else to type so there you have it.

There might be another update since I'm not going to school tomorrow.

Vote, comment

Excuse mistakes.