|Bonus Chapter|

August

"Daddy can you help me with my homework?" Aubrey asked me. I was sitting up holding Carmen in my arms as she slept peacefully.

"Man can you go back ta' middle and elementary?" Aubrey and Carson were now seniors and they asses stress me the fuck out

"Bruh, chill fam. I'an even did nothin'."

"Girl ge-"

"August shut the fuck up and let me sleep damnit." Carmen snapped. "You told me to go to sleep now you wanna be all extra loud, why? Just why? How do you expect me to sleep? How?"

"Jeez. Mama chiiiiiill. I'll ask for help later."

"Y'all already woke me up." Carmen rolled her eyes making the both of us laugh.

"Carmen calm yo ass down. What you need help with?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to talk to you and mom but she's sleep."

"I said I'm up. What did you want to talk about?"

"Well, I like this boy." Aubrey bit her lip," Well I actually really like him."

"Like hell you do."

"What's his name?"

"Michael."

"Hm. I wanna meet him."

"That's what I was getting to. Two days from now?"

"Yes." Carmen spoke.

"No."

"August shut up."

"One more thing."

"Yeah?"

"Get your daughter. I almost beat her last night."

"For what? Cadence!"

"Yeah mom?"

"What she do?"

"She was getting smart and she cussed at me like she's grown or something and don't lie Cadence because it's true. You always think you can just talk to me like I'm not your older sister." Aubrey is more like her mama. She's sensitive and wanted everyone to be happy and love each other.