18//Surprise

Omniscient

Carmen was sitting on the counter as August made lunch for Carmen, the girls, Cha, and him. Today was family day since nobody was busy today.

Travis and Tima were coming later since Tima had an appointment for baby Callie. She would be coming soon and everyone was excited about it. August had a little surprise for everybody today and nobody knew what it was.

"Auntie Carmen, you so pretty." Chay complimented Carmen and dragged her finger through Carmen's hair.

"Thank you baby girl."

"How was work?" August awed Carmen who had a small meeting with her workers.

"It was cool. I almost had to cuss some of them out though."

"You be wildin'. I like this outfit though. Even thought it's showin' too much."

"You saw me before I left babe

"You saw me before I left babe. What are you talking about?" He stood in between her legs and pecked her lips numerous times making her giggle and he smiled.

"I was ti'ed. Get down and do a luh spin fa' me." She sighed playfully and did as he said. He smacked her ass as Chandra walked in.

She cleared her throat as she got back into the counter and he placed his lips on hers. "Oh hey Cha." Carmen smiled.

"Wazzam Cha?" She chuckled at the two. She knew that they would hit it off when they first met.

"Hello love birds." She waved at them and started helping August finish the food.

The three of them maneuvered around the kitchen; cooking. Tima and Travis were coming early since the appointment didn't take too long today.

When the food was done, the kids were running into the dining room as Carmen and August fixed everyone's plates. Carmen felt like they were her actual family. She loved this feeling because she didn't have her own family. Her family disowned her. They didn't like her for some reason and she was okay with that.

She never got a reason as to why they didn't like her but it was whatever to her. Since she's had Arieanna and Essence in her life, she considered them as her family.

Now that she's been with August it was like the three of them were falling apart. They barely talked and it was hurting Carmen.

"You good?" August asked as him and Carmen walked into the kitchen to put everything down and go eat. He could sense that something was wrong with her.

"I'm fine babe, really." She nodded. He looked at her skeptically but let it go. He pulled her into a hug which she wrapped her arms around his torso. Thy dat like that for a little bit before walking back into the dining room where everyone was.

Everyone had been talking to each other but August and Carmen were kind of quiet. They were both doing some thinking so that's why they weren't talking as much as they usually would.

Before Tima could ask Carmen a question, Carmen's phone rang. She looked down at her ringing phone to see an incoming call from Essence. A smile covered her face as she answered.

"H-" Carmen was cut off by Essence's yelling.

"Bitch! Where the fuck you been?!"

"Come over. I miss you."

"Uh-hun. Me and Arieanna will be coming over."

"Who that?" August whispered.

"Essence." He nodded and continued eating.

"That's fine."

"See you in a few."

"Mhm."

Carmen and everyone continued eating before they all went into the living room and conversing. The door bell has rung and Carmen jumped up to go answered the door. Thinking it was her bestfriends, it wasn't. It was a friend that August slept with twice. August thinks that he broke it to Candy that they were strictly friends now.

"Um, can I help you?"

"I'm looking for Aug."

"August. Your looking for August. He's b-"

"Who d- wazzam Candy?" He pulled her into a hug while Carmen eyed him.

"Hey Aug!"

"August." Carmen mumbled only for her to hear.

"Wazzam? Come in." Candy was smiling hard and wearing skin tight black dress.

"Unbelievable

"Unbelievable." Carmen scoffed and walked off not feeling up to anything anymore.

Carmen could see right through this dumb ass act that Candy was putting on but August was obviously blinded.

From behind, Carmen could hear Candy compliment August, "You look really nice today."

"Thank you." As much as Carmen wanted to say something, she wasn't going to.

"You alright Carmen?" Cha asked Carmen as Carmen grabbed her plate off of the table.

"I'm fine." She flashed a fake smile, "I'm going to leave. You won't see me before you go though so I love you all. Be safe."

Carmen didn't know that Candy and August had slept together before. August never told her. Candy and August were sitting in the kitchen and Candy was trying to figure out why Carmen didn't like her.

"What'd I do?"

"Nothing."

"Does she know?" She tried to whisper but Carmen heard. She was already walking in the kitchen.

"About us fuckin'? Nah."

"Well, I don't know them. I tried." Candy shrugged and wrapped her arms around August's neck. That made Carmen's blood boil.

"What is you doin'?"

"I just want a hug." She smiled in his face.

Carmen felt like they would never work. Like they weren't made for each other because it was like she could never catch a break.

She watched as Candy took it to the next level by kissing August. He was caught off guard but she had a firm grip.

"Fuck you August!" Carmen yelled. "Fuck you! I hate you!"

--

Pow pow.

2 updates on one sat. This took me some time. I don't even know what I wrote tbh.

Vote, comment.

Excuse mistakes.