16//Other Side

August

I sat in the studio with my notebook in front of me. I was working on a new song. I was on Track 12 and I had the perfect idea. Over these last few weeks Carmen and I were slowly getting back to ourselves. We had went to church and I believe that helped us a lot since we hadn't been in such a long time.

[Verse 1]
As the days go by
I remember we was sitting on the aisle
Wish I could take it back to the days we lost
But it's easier said than done, someone had to pay the cost
I know nothing lasts forever, no nothing at all
Sometimes you don't ever get back up after you fall
Every day's a gamble, I know you can't win them all
But that don't stop the hurt at all

[Pre-Chorus]
One time for my fallen soldiers dead or lost at war
Two times for my gangsta's who ain't here with us no more
Three times for them fathers dying, tryna do for they kids
Never thought that missing you would ever feel like this

I didn't know how I wanted the next part to go so I sat there thinking. Carmen was in here with me since she didn't want me to leave her side. I didn't have a problem with it.

It was only three in the morning and I wasn't tired at all. I really wanted to get this song done. I had a good feeling about this song and I wasn't leaving until I got it done.

"August." I heard Carmen mumble making me alert. She stood up on her own, half surprising me. "Let me see." She sat down on my lap and grabbed the notebook. "This is really good. Can I help?" I chuckled and nodded before handing her the pen.

[Chorus]
I hope I see you on the other side
So we can kick it like we did before
I hope you leave a little room on the other side
So I know I got somewhere that I can go
I hope I'm not banging at the door saying let me in
And I pray that I'm forgiven for my sins
And I see you on the other side
Hope I see you on the other side

"There you go. Do you like it?" I read over everything we had down and smiled widely at what she had written.

"Man I luv this shit." I mocked myself making her smack her lips and stare at me. "What nigga?"

"I just...we had the chance to know our child. I'm not trying to make you sad or anything but I do really wish we had the chance to know what he or she looked like." She stressed. Making me kiss her temple and rub her back.

"One day we will but for now, Melly B gon' take care'a our child." A smile came onto her face. "Our child is in good hands." She giggled as I imitated that commercial and peck my lips a few times before standing up; but slowly.

"I'm still sleepy so wake me up when you done." She yawned and laid back down on the couch.

"Sleepy ass always tired but aiight." I started to think of what else I could write and I couldn't come up with shit.

Instead of sitting here and stressing myself out, I decided we could go home. I knew Carmen was tired and ready to go so I carried her bridal style to the truck and drove us home.

Carmen slept with a pout on her face making a small smile to form on my face. She woke up when we pulled up and looked around. She seemed tense at first but when her eyes landed on me she calmed down.

"What happened?"

"Uhh, nothing." She got out the car and walked up to the door. Since she didn't bring her keys, she had to wait on me to unlock the door.

We had agreed to let each other know when something was wrong and right about now, she was irritating me.

I unlocked the door and she went inside. I chuckled to myself because she was the main one saying that we needed to talk about everything but she wasn't even doing what she wanted me to do.

I went to the living room and plopped down on the couch. I threw one hand behind my head and the other in the front of pants after putting on the show that I wanted to watch.

I laughed loudly at a video I saw and a few more before Carmen came down the steps. I looked over and then continued scrolling.

She stood in front of me and I acted like I didn't see her standing there, "Can you please stop laughing so loud?" She rubbed her forehead and I laughed again at the next video. She snatched my phone from my hands and I snatched it back. She took it again, she was pissing me off.

"Give me my fuckin' phone."

"You cheating on me?" She yelled.

"Get the fuck out my face with that shit, man. Now give me my fuckin' phone."

"No August! What are you hiding?!"

I closed my eyes to calm my nerves. I was close to calling her out her name. I stood up and moved her out my way. I walked up to the room and grabbed some clothes.

I went back downstairs and slid my Nike slides on before grabbing my keys off the back of the couch and walked to the door. She can keep the phone but I'm leaving.

--

Dassit, I have no clue what to write next so yeaaaaah.

Do me & arieannaaaaa a favor by going to read her new book.

& for those who read Damaged, it's back up with a different title; Kissin' On My Tattoos.

Vote, comment.

Excuse mistakes.