20//You Deserve

7 1/2 months later

Carmen

•••

It was thanksgiving day and I was so ready to eat but August wouldn't let me in the kitchen. We were doing amazing besides not seeing him. Since our one year had past a few months ago, we went on vacation for a few days.

Everyone was here and I was excited because the food smelt good as fuck. "Baby!" I sang as I entered the kitchen.

"Out. Get out." He tried pushing me but I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Carmen. Stop and go."

"No babe." I whined and pouted.

"Y'all, I'a be back." He let everyone who was cooking know before taking his apron off and leading me to the our room. "Why you actin' out?"

"Babe I just want attention since you won't give me food. You've been gone all the time in the last two months. This is the only day I'll be able to see you for a long period of time."

"My album about ta' release baybeh. Soon i'a be able ta' spend all day witchu' when I go on break but i'an tryna push the release date back."

"Okay." I mumbled. I knew how much he worked but I missed him. I tried moving past him but he grabbed my arms to stop me, "Yes?"

"I luh you."

"Yeah." I walked out the room and down the stairs. I heard him sigh behind me so I looked back and he was shaking his head.

I walked in the kitchen and grabbed my phone from the counter before proceeding to the living room. "You okay Carmen?" Cha asked before I could get out of the kitchen.

"I'm great."

"Yeah right. If you wanna talk, I'm here fa' you."

"I know. Thank you." She smiled and I went into the living room where the girls were. I sat down on the couch and unlocked my phone so I could get on Twitter.

There were hella people telling me Happy Thanksgiving so I knew they had to be fans of August. I quoted them and wished them a happy thanksgiving also.

I took a picture of myself before posting it. A lot of people loved my new look so I knew the likes were gonna be crazy.

-

-

It was time to eat and everyone was filling in the dining room. Since they didn't let me help cook I tried fixing everyone's plate but they wouldn't let me do that either. It was frustrating me.

There's a little bit of tension between me and August but I don't think anyone realizes it. I sighed as he sat down next to me and smiled my way.

"You alright?"

"I'm perfectly fine. I'm sorry." He waved me off and rubbed my thigh.

"Callie girl, you wish you could eat some?" Mya teased Callie.

Dinner was actually going good and I was glad. They all reminisced their moments with Mel and it made me smile. I actually knew Mel. I remember when they were picking God Mothers and he told Cha he only agreed to me. Of course Mel and Cha are older than me but that didn't matter. Mel was a loving person and we all missed him. I may not have been the closest with him but he was truly missed.

"Y'all ready ta' dance?"

"Babe sit down. You cannot dance to save your life." He smacked his lips at me making me giggle.

"Nah, dance wit me." He grabbed my hand as the song started up.

"Aw!" They all cooed and clapped as we were done but one of my favorite songs came on.

"Baaaabe." He smiled and we continued dancing. I was wondering why nobody was dancing with us.

He spun me around and let go of my hand but as soon as I faced him again, he was on one knee. "What are y-"

"I know I ain't been the best nigga in the world but I damn sure am tryin' fa' you. We done been through a lot'a shit ta'getha but that shit is in the past. You beautiful. You smart. You loyal. You jus' perfect ta' me. I'on care what nobody got ta' say 'bout us. I know this ain't the best proposal but I tried. It already seem like you ma' wife so why not make it official? Carmen Rae Smith, will you marry me?" I nodded.

"Yes! Yes I will!" I tried to stop crying as he slid the beautiful ring on my finger.

Travis being the loudest one, he was howling like a dog making me laugh

Travis being the loudest one, he was howling like a dog making me laugh. August got up and pulled me into a hug while kissing me. His tongue slid into my mouth and I let it go on for a few seconds before I remembered that there were kids around.

"Later." I smirked and he bit his lip. "Stop it." He smirked making me hit his chest.

"Don't be hittin' on me na'."

"Oh shut up." I tried walking off but he grabbed my waist and pulled me back.

"Keep it up."

"You keep it up." I ran and he tried catching me but I ran up the stairs and I knew he wouldn't want to chase me up the stairs.

I'm getting married!

--

Yeaaaaah. This book will be ending soon. Sadly.

But if I get enough comments for a sequel I might do one.

So comment if I should.

Vote, comment.

Excuse mistakes.