"I think I love you."

"Valary! Where the hell did- oh, there you are."

I swing my head around as the door opens and Matt's head pops around the edge. I give him a faint smile and wave to him. He leans against the doorframe and smiles back.

"What're you doing?"

I hold up my journal. The corners of his eyes crinkle slightly. Then he pushes away from the doorway, approaching the bed.

I shift my weight a little, tilting my head. "Join me, Master?"

Matt smiles and climbs on the bed, the mattress dipping beneath his bulk. He shuffles around, settling next to me, pulling me close into his side. Leaning my head against his shoulder, I give a soft sigh. He nuzzles into my hair, tucking several strands behind my ears. I peek up at him; his eyes twinkle at me. Blushing, I lower my eyes and return my concentration to my journal.

Matt plays with my hair, remaining in silence, obviously content to just relax with me for a moment. I scribble away absently, but then stop and look up at him again.

"Uh, why aren't you with the others?"

Matt smirks. "Might ask the same of you, Val."

"Well, I just needed to be by myself, Master." I look down, feeling a little anxious. He cups my chin and tilts it up, frowning at me. I bite my lip gently. He brushes his thumb slowly across my lower lip.

Then he says, "You never had a lot of time to yourself, did you." It's not quite a question.

I blink hard, stomach rolling slightly, before giving a tiny nod. "No, Master."

Matt sighs, tilting his head back against the large pillow. His dark hair contrasts against the white of the cover. He breathes deeply then swears softly, before meeting my gaze again.

"Well, I have a proposal then."

I look curiously at him. "A proposal?"

"Yeah. A couple of hours a day which is solely for yourself, without me, to do whatever you wanna do." Matt quirks his eyebrows at me. "What do you reckon?"

For some inexplicable reason, tears begin to fill my eyes. One drop finds its way from the corner of my eye down my left cheek. Wiping furiously at my face, I try to smile at him. His brow furrows.

"Val?"

"I'm okay," I sniffle, rubbing at my eyes. "I...just. No one's ever..."

"Yeah," Matt interrupts firmly, "I'm not any of those jerks. I'm your master. And I say you get some 'Valary' time. Every day." He strokes his thumb along my left cheekbone. "Starting from now. So, if you want me to leave, I will."

I stare at him, a little awestruck. His lips curve in a tender expression, and he rubs the tip of his nose against my cheek. I shiver a little, but then shake my head.

"No, want you to stay, please." I place my hand against his, holding on for a moment. He looks at our linked hands then nods, settling back against the pillow again.

"Sure. I'll stay." He breathes out slowly, wrapping his arm around my waist, and tilting his head so he can watch me. Relaxing into his side once more, I pick my pen up and go back to writing.

Several minutes pass before I stop, giving my hand a rest. "Are they still here?"

"Nah." Matt rakes his fingers through his hair. "They left."

I nod slightly, then murmur, "Get any work done, Master?"

Matt chuckles. "Yeah, we got some rad ideas going 'round between the five of us. Even Johnny had a couple of song ideas, which isn't usual. He usually leaves the initial song ideas to Jimmy and I."