"He's all about you."

"He was out for ten minutes that was it. I was about to leave the room to go back to Syn and JD, and he just fuckin' woke up again. Mad as Hell, Val. He wanted to come get you right there and then."

Jimmy is regaling me with last night's-this morning's events that lead to them coming to get me. To save me. We're in the kitchen at the Sanders' house. Matt's parents are out and it's just us...us being Jimmy, Brian, Matt, JD and me. I'm sitting next to Matt at the breakfast counter, eating breakfast. No surprise there...considering it's called a.... Anyway, what was I saying? Jimmy was telling me about last night...with the others interjecting on the way.

"Yeah," Brian speaks up, "so we kinda gave in and got to the Guild as if there was a fire in our pants."

"There was a fire in Shads' pants," Jimmy smirks.

Matt, who has one arm slung around my shoulders, snorts as he retorts, "What the fuck? No."

"You know what I mean, Matt," Jimmy grins at him. Matt just rolls his eyes. I lean my head against his shoulder as he gets his piece in.

"Yeah, anyway, it was just frickin' madhouse. Security guards didn't want to let us in, but then JD flashed some plastic at him and we were in, just like that."

"Advantage of being on their payroll," JD comments drily.

"True...how much do you get?"

"Enough to be worth the risk."

"Oh." Matt looks surprised then he frowns. "So, a shit load?"

JD actually grimaces as if he's tasted something bad. "Yeah, it's risky business doing what we do." I glance at him curiously. But, it's Matt who asks the pertinent question.

"You and...Robert?"

"Yeah." JD nods carefully; he knows, as we all do, how much anger Matt feels toward the other man.

"Damn..."

"Yeah, it gets that way. Still, we've done good. So, I always think as long as that happens, I'll keep at it." JD scratches at the back of his neck, glancing up at the clock on the wall. "Speaking of which...I'd better go. There's some things I need to sort out." He pushes away from the wall where he's leaning and nods to Matt. "You'll be hearing from me soon. And don't worry, I'll be back in the studio whenever you need me next. That isn't just a front." He smiles as he makes that last statement.

Matt chuckles, "Good to hear. Think you might do that fulltime, ever?"

"Maybe if the other stuff wears me down. Maybe." JD tips his fingers in a salute and leaves.

I watch him go, my mind still too full after last night's events. Still not sure how I'm supposed to feel after everything. But, I guess it's good that Matt, Brian and Jimmy are here, and JD to an extent. They can do all the thinking about it. I can just rely on them, for now.

"Val. Val?" Matt's trying to get my attention; I stop my pondering and glance at him. He smiles. "Wanna get out of here? We could go to the beach."

Jimmy interjects before I can answer, "Maybe you should swim in the pool...might not be the greatest idea to go wandering out in public after our little rescue operation."

Matt looks at his best friend with a grimace as if he's tasted something sour. I can tell he doesn't like being told what to do, but as his brow furrows the drummer just gives him a pointed look. Matt sighs and nods.

"Yeah, you're right." He looks at me again, a sheepish grin touching the corners of his mouth. "Sorry, Val. Looks like we'll have to finally use the pool."