5th

four+ one
drunk

Potlucks were boring beyond words and comprehension, and if Remy had expected anything more than food and girl gossip before he arrived, all his expectations went up with the fumes of the barbecue outside as the minutes ticked by.

"This," Tash introduced him to girls that came and went, quite that quickly. "is my boyfriend, Remy."

"Ooh, he's a pretty one. You snagged a good one, Tash."

Her eyes twinkled with something clever when she'd hear something of the sort from random-girl#309, and while he didn't mind being someone's boy toy, he seriously reconsidered his decision to date Tash. Sure, she kissed like no one's business, but was that really enough to keep her around? If he squinted enough, he could even see that she wasn't that pretty. Well, pretty wasn't the word he'd use to describe any of these girls he saw there, whether they were sunbathing under fancy umbrellas or they were dancing to whatever played on the radio. The pool sat quietly on the other side of the house and while Maggie seemed like a perfectly nice girl to hang out with, she bored him out of his mind with this party of hers.

Eddie found an excuse to be pissed at Tamara, so he hadn't turned up. Sandy was trying his luck with every girl who'd make the mistake of looking in his general direction and while he didn't really try too hard, he came off far too desperate to care for.

"Man," he sank next to Remy, sinking his feet into the water before splashing some water ways over. "getting a girlfriend is hard."

He couldn't help but laugh. "Girlfriends aren't really that hard."

"Really?"

"Oh, yeah."

"Alright, then. Get me one by the end of the afternoon."

Remy looked over their shoulders, through the french windows into the living room where everyone was. He found the girl with the purple shorts looking at him, and then there was Tamara. He shuddered at the thought of her. Why did girls have to be sluts? "What about purple shorts there?"

Sandy's golden hair shined in the sun in that way that almost blinded him. "She looks okay. Dude, I'm not kidding. Anyone will do." His eyes widened as Remy stood. "Do you know how long it's been since I've seen a woman naked, and not on a TV show?"

"You'll thank me for this later."

"Maybe. Get me them girls first."

"Girl," Remy told him with a finger held up, the sun burning his feet as he walked into his sandals. "One. I can get you the purple one."

"One it is."

Remy found her by the television set trying to play Guitar Hero, and while he wasn't a pro at the game, he wished there were lesser people at this thing. To think he was dragged into this by his girlfriend, and she had yet to thank him.

"Hey."

She wasn't loud, nor was she overly enthused at seeing him. God, he was having shit luck with girls these days. "Hey."

"So, listen." He pointed over his shoulder to the pool side. "A friend of mine saw you and thinks you're cute."

She didn't look at him yet, her eyes focused on the controllers. "Really?"

"Uh," he eyed the screen, then the controller. "Yeah. He's a little shy, but he's a good guy."

"Is he really?" she paused the game to look at him. "Are you sure you're not pushing off leftovers from this party's spread to feel better?"