4th

t h e

   fourth

          drop

Clouds overcast the bright Friday quite abruptly, and while Athenia didn't mind having a little downpour, it was a strange to be raining in California. In the two years she'd been there she'd never witnessed rains in July. Large windows were enveloped with liquid crystal, the smell of dirt and freshness in the air as she smiled to herself. She hadn't seen the rains in a while, not since that day when she'd left home behind. Had it been so long that her heart didn't even beat at the thought of home? The small studio she now owned came to mind, her heart simply now a native of a different set of walls and a different country altogether, but did that mean she couldn't miss home? Of course, she could always miss home, even if it wasn't an option anymore. Even if no one from home missed her.

Suddenly, it was a rainy day. A very lonely, rainy day. There were barely any students in and out the whole day, and if she'd wondered what her day would be like in the morning, she couldn't remember right then what her conclusion had been. Somehow, she wished Maddie was with her. She also wished she were a little less... herself. She didn't know what was wrong, but she didn't feel good. Already the rain had dampened a perfectly good day. 

So, how did a couple of showers put a stop to everything positive? She'd survived all these months by herself, alone. She hadn't needed anyone, other than Maddie, and she'd been perfectly fine. She was fine even now, even as the empty hallways of the library, first and second floors, echoed with the sounds of water tapping gently against the ground. 

Had she felt this alone all this while? What had changed now, if she hadn't been this way all along?

More importantly, why did it have to change now?

Natasha Patrao, or Tash, had the face of angel and the lips of a demon. She liked to kiss and bite, that one, and even if Remy had only known her one day, he was more than grateful when she'd pulled him into her dorm room when he'd walked her back. Finally, something familiar made its way to him from all this confusion he'd been in the past week. Sure, he liked challenges, but not to the point where he couldn't handle it anymore. Not when he knew there was a small chance he might lose. Even if his father was a dickhead since birth, he'd instilled one thing into him to the point of no return. "Never lose. Losing isn't for winners, and you're a winner."

Holding Tash up against the storage room, her hands roaming as he frantically brought his lips to hers, his thoughts kind of stray, the pitter-patter of the rain making its way to him as he pulled away.

"We're going to be late."

"So," she smiled at him so deviously, his heart burned. God, she was delicious. "What're we rushing for?"

He groaned as he laughed. "I can't miss this class again, Tash."

"What's one more class?" she asked him, looking over his shoulder, biting at his neck. "What's one class?"

"It's not one class if I've missed a billion already." He pushed off of the wall, right after kissing each cheek of hers. "Boy, you've got adorable eyes."

"Not as adorable as yours," she told him, then, her eyes boring into his almost uncomfortably. He didn't mind, though. He never did. "Chocolate brown and oh so yummy."

"No girl's called them yummy before."

"Really?"

No, they all think my eyes are brilliant chocolate, almost edible. You're no different from the rest of them, and thank God for that. "Really, really."

As expected she smiled back brilliantly, clearly pleased by this response of his. "Come on," she told him, pulling him along as she walked away. "Let's get to class."