6th

those

s i x 

issues

"I'm sorry, Remy."

Laughter filled her senses as a warm something brushed her cheeks. "Of all the times you could've chosen to call me that for the first time."

"What's your name again?"

"Remington, Maddie, and you can hold up your best friend please? She looks more like a cow with every passing second. Ath," he scolded her. "Hold still."

She didn't feel good. She told them so. 

"Let me just..." something wet its way into her hair. "There. All done!"

"I like this song."

He wasn't looking at her. His shoes came off, his eyes adjusted to the dim light in the loo as Maddie held her up against the sink.

"I think I'm going to be sick again." Athenia provided as she shuffled to the toilet. "I can't let you watch again."

Remy groaned. "Jesus, Maddie. I'm never going to forgive you for this."

"Why not? She had fun." Maddie screamed for her best friend's benefit. "Didn't you, Thee?"

Both of them listened for something coherent but seconds passed and the silence alarmed them. 

"Do you think she fell asleep in there?"

"She might have."

"I am never letting you live this down."

"She needs to live a little, Remy." Maddie told him in a slurred voice, wobbling as she made her way to him. "Don't you think so?"

"Uh," he looked around the girl's bathroom, wondering how he turned to be the designated driver of the night, and then wondering how he'd allowed himself to be talked into walking in here with two drunk women. "are you going to hurl?"

She shook her head lightly, almost in a child like manner, her blue eyes focused on his brown ones. "Chocolate brown and so very plain. What did she see in you, I have to wonder?"

"If you're talking about Athenia, I doubt she sees me that much. Now, please help me unlock the door..."

"Well, you're pretty enough, sure. Still," she looked into his eyes, as if she was trying to look into his darkness. "you're not that impressive."

"I do alright in class."

"You're not very smart." She assessed.

"I was smart enough to fucking ask her out, wasn't I?" he snapped at the drunk woman before pulling out of her grasp, wishing he hadn't bothered with this at all. "I was smart enough to stay sober tonight."

When he heard the distinct sounds of someone throwing up, he banged his head against the wall.

"Maybe you should've done the smart and gotten drunk." Maddie told him as she swayed her hips. 

"Maybe I should kill you both and get this over with."

"You wouldn't dare." Maddie told him with a stern look in her eye. "Wait, you're not some kind of spy, are you?"

"Yeah. I'm a regular James Bond, ready to serve England."

"Maybe some kind of rogue assassin?"

"Calm your tits, woman. I'm just a law student trying to get your drunk friend and you back to her apartment. God, I can't remember how we got here."