27th

twenty seven

             h - ours later

"I think this guy is totally weird. Here," Maddie showed her a picture of a bald guy. "Look at him."

"I'm looking," she told her, when she really wasn't. How could she when Remy was tormenting her under the table.

It was a simple touch against her thighs, but even through the thin stockings the sensation was agonizing. 

"Can you believe he had the audacity to ask me if I was a hooker?" She tilted her face, gesturing for the two of them to care. "Please tell me I do not look like a hooker of some sort."

"You do not!" Athenia confirmed as she swatted away Remy's hand for the hundredth time. "You look lovely. I love the lipstick. It's different."

"Thank you!" 

When dinner arrived Remy held her hand in hers all the while they ate their dinner, and as fancy as she looked tonight in her rather short lacy dress, he wished she'd have covered up like usual. 

"So, undeniably, sexy," he whispered into her ears when Maddie had walked away to the restroom. "I don't even know how I'd kept my hands to myself until now."

"You have way too much free time."

"And you are far too beautiful, bun and all."

"Really?"

He tipped her head gently to his before claiming her lips, his hands on grazing her bare arms.

Somewhere in the background, a gasp escaped Maddie's red lips.

"I knew it!" She walked over her seat, not before hitting Remy in the head, of course. "I knew you two were hooking up!"

Athenia looked like she'd been searching for a pin in a haystack. Remy rubbed his head all too uncomfortably, for so many reasons. They hadn't meant for their third wheel to find out.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"You're a blab." He told her as he ate some bit of his fish, his face scrunching into a ball of disgust promptly after. "Why did I order fish?" 

"And here I mistook Remy's gaze for the longing ones he usually spared only for you, Thee." 

"Hmm,"

"Ghastly stuff, the fish." He told the two of them as he drove Maddie home. "God, I'm blind."

"Everyone is... when they're in lo~ve!"

"The teasing, oh, the teasing. Keep teasing us, will you, Maddie?"

"With pleasure, Remington. So..." she trailed as she shoved between the two front seats. "Done the deed, have you?"

The way the two of them looked away from one another suggested otherwise.

"Innocents." She cursed them with a grin before getting out the car. "I'll be able to tell when you're doing it, though! Thee, I need details."

"You will not tell her details." 

"I can tell her all that I please, Remington. Drive, will you?"

Something wicked sparked his eyes as he shut the door behind him. "You know what?"

"What?"

"Ever since I was a child I hated that name. Remington,” he belched. “What kinds of parents name their child that?"

"The politically influential kind, I suspect."

"Hmm, well, whatever the reason," he walked to her as she moved to unzip her dress. "I realized that every time you call me that, I will punish you."

"Punish me?"

He nodded at her slightly, unzipping far too slowly, the simple act far too sensual now. "Call me that one more time and you'll see what I've got in store for you."

"Remingt--"

He'd never said she needed to get till the 'ton', just that she needed to have the intent for it.

Indeed, Athenia, like most women, was ticklish in the most promising ways. 

"I'm going to kill you," she chanted on as he kissed her bellybutton, making her laugh in a way he was sure he’d remember forever.

"Oh, love, what a way to go."