25th

those meaningless k i s s e s

                             all 25x100^who-knew-how-many of them

"I am going to kill you."

"That's new. What is it this time?"

"You left foam all over the sink!" she pointed and glared, her eyes angry. "All day long the sink's been stewing in the filth. Didn't you come back home after the exam?"

"I did. That doesn't mean I had time to clean it. Come on, you have to cut me some slack. I've got three more left!"

"That's it. I'm throwing it out." She picked up the can of foam and walked to the door, right past him on the carpet with his books spread out. "I'm so sick of the smell and seeing it everywhere in the bathroom. I cut you enough slack. This is going out."

"Ath, come on! That's expensive," he got up in time to stop her from opening the door.

"You should've thought of that when you left a ton of it around my area."

"It's my area too!"

"Do I leave tampons on my area?"

"No, but you leave hair in the drain!"

"I do, but I come back and clean up, don't I?"

"Fine, but you're not throwing that out. It's a full can!"

"A full can? Alright. Let's see how we can help with that."

And then came the sound of inevitable spraying, the white looking cotton-soft fizz sat on his hair as it settled. She probably should've stopped at that, but she was feeling so irate from having the entire library filled with noisy kids and the administration telling her to reduce Remy's pay further and--

"That's it!" he pulled the can out of her hand, turned her around and shoved her against the door, holding her hands from behind. "You think you're so fucking clever."

"Remy I'll kill you if you do anything!"

"Oh, you're going to do more than kill me."

"Remy!" 

The squeals began almost mutely when he merely pressed the bottle into her t-shirt. Then, he pried it open with his fingers and let her soak in the sticky wet foam, her t-shirt now staining. Turning her around, he felt merciless as he sprayed it into her ears, then her hair.

And, of course, as he'd already known, her shrill screams were nothing less than ear-puncture material.

"Stop! Stop! Fine, you can keep it," she told him between pants. "Let me go now."

"One last...." he sprayed in the other ear before letting her go. "There. All done. You look so beautiful, Ath."

Breathing shallowly, her face looked crimson, making him realize he was breathless as well. Up close, all he could really see were her eyes. They looked like shards of something green and broken, like an emerald thrown into a blender, the pieces merged back together in an absolutely magnificent manner.

Something about the way his t-shirt clung to hers, the sticky feel of it almost as strong as the magnetic way in which her body drew him closer, made the sigh that escaped her lips sound something like a moan. It wasn't a moan, though. He'd heard girls moan. That was definitely no moan, and yet, he'd already felt like he'd hit cloud nine.

Had he never really thought about what kissing Athenia would've been like before? Right then, with her lips not even an inch away, he felt her hands on his hips as he allowed his lips to touch hers only for a second, just to... see if she would kiss him back.

Dear sweet Lord above. With lips like that, he doubted she'd have to even be willing for him to have felt that zing that went all the way from head to toe, making him arch as he pulled her to him and bit her lower lip.

"Fuck," he whispered right into her mouth. "I have kissed... like... a," he kissed the side of her lips as gently as he could, wanting to get the words out before he realized she'd kissed him back almost immediately. "Million girls. Nothing has ever... ever..."

An idle smile came onto her lips before she clung to him and let their lips touch once, then twice. An oh-so unfamiliar feverish sensation sprang through him as she tore at his hair relentlessly.

"Don't say something stupid," she warned him as she took off his t-shirt, his skin sticky to touch. "Don't say anything."

"You're saying things."

"I'm smarter than you are. Kiss me now."

"You're absolutely right. God, you're brilliant."

And there wasn't a kiss to be wasted, nor were there words.