Chapter 1

I look at the clock.

4h28pm.

I felt sick when I noticed the time, I should have been home an hour ago but I desperately needed the money to go to Parson school. I couldn't decline the extra hours that my boss offered me considering the fact that I've missed several days of work. I could get fired and couldn't take the chance.

I glanced at the clock again.

4h30pm

I rush out the door without saying bye to my boss and I ran as fast as I could, deciding not to take the bus. Even though I was already late. I know he's hurting her right now, I could feel her wound. I could never distinguish the reason of his actions towards his own fiancé, why would he ignore his own flesh and blood, why would mama stay with the bastardo. My legs can't take it anymore, they were numb but I don't stop.

I run faster.

I slow down when I see the house. I enter and heard my mother scream.

"Lo siento, It wasn't my fault please leave her alo-"

He slapped her. The sound was still in my head. The vibration of each tonality were in my head. I taste the salty substance on my lips.

"Mamaa!"

"Càllate puta! It's all you fucking fault! Isabella get in here now!" He howl back.

Shit.

I walk into the kitchen, he was in front of my mom with a glass of scotch in his hand as usual. I ran to her trying to comfort her somehow. She have bruises all over her face, some spot of her body is cover with blood. The sound of my dad's phone resonate, he takes his call.

"We're not finish" he says as he
walk out the house. Mama got up and gave me a tight hug.

"It's going to be okay Bella we're going to get out of this mierda..."she wisper to me and started dinner for Alfred-

"Bella wake up..wake up.. we have to go. The car is ready..." A soft voice says to me,  I open my eye seeing a little blurry. It was
just a nightmare but it happened.

I turn my head and look at the time.

2h16am

I search for the source of the voice and see my mama waiting for me to wake up. ¿carajo está pasando?

"Come on, we're getting out of here. Put your shoes on"

I got up from my bed looking around, all my necessity are gone. I reach out for my dirty white converse that were in front of me. Mama help with one feet.

"Where are our stuff? Where are we going?"

She smile as she tie my shoes as I do the other one.

"Somewhere safe. Now let's get out of this casa"

When we made it outside,, mama close the front door slowly to not wake up el bastardo. I turn around and saw Marissa my mama's bestfriend which I consider as mi tía, she lives in New York City and only visit once a month.

"Hola tía Marissa " I greet her a bit tiredly.

"Hola honey, come on get in the car...hurry up" she said a hurry.

•••••••••

I slept during the drive unaware about where we're going until I was blind by the ton of streetlight and cars.

" OH DIOS MÍO NEW YORK CITY MAMA? Wait where are we going to stay?" I ask.

"In a 2 bedroom apartment"

Tía Marissa park in front of an apartment building and said that she lives not far. Apparently we have a job interview tomorrow at nine in the morning that she got us.

We get out of the car, enter the apartment building, step on the elevator and stop on the 5th floor. My mom open the door 34 and we went in. The apartment is beige and white. Fully furnished, a beige kitchen with black appliances. The living room was white with a long beige couch with maybe 30 length tv in front. I walk in the hall directing to the rooms and bathroom, there is three doors.

"The right one is yours, the middle one is the bathroom and the left one is mine and now go rest."

I nod and go to my bedroom. SANTO DÍOS it was perfect , black and white, the sheets and walls were all white , the furniture were black and I absolutely Love it. I smile when I see my fashion draws , I removed my shoes and went directly to bed.

Next day

"Bella wake up, go take a shower, breakfast is ready. We're leaving in 20 minutes  go go go.."

I wake up and got up, I see new clothes on my bed, a black jeans and a black tee shirt with a pair of new white converse. I went in the bathroom and did my usual morning routine after I finished, I applied some cream on my skin that still had some bruises from the beating I've received, I dressed up and arranged my hair in a tight ponytail. I wondered where mom got all the money for this.

I walk to the kitchen and see my mom eating and a plate of toast and eggs ready to be devoured.

"Mama?" I ask sitting on the chair in front the counter.

"Que?"

"Where did you get the money for all this?" I take a bite from my toast.

She look at me. "Marissa and I have been planning the escape a year ago. I would take some money from your papa every week. Marissa rent this little apartment for us and talked to her boss about us needing a job and got us an interview today. You'll be working also to continue to save up for the tuition in parson and I also redid our closet too." She beam at me, I smile back in response.

Wow that was actually really clever. She is a very wise woman. I love her to death and own her so much for all the sacrifice she have made. We've been through to much and deserve a nice start. A knock come out the door and Marissa revealed herself

"Okay come on we have to go"

••••••••••••••
What do you guys think? This is my first book.. Sorry for the mistakes French is my first language. I hope you enjoyed it.

PLEASE SUPPORT THIS STORY
vote, comment and share☺️