Chapter 17

Vote, comment and share.

I was crouching down on the couch looking at the fabric intently, then aggressively move the fabric between the sewing machine and the needle. I hold a pin on corner of my mouth, cursing strongly his name. I take a glance at Jaz sitting at the dining table skimming through Vogue magazine shaking her head.

"Girl you need to chill out. You trippin'. I know what he did was mad stupid but at that moment y'all wasn't even together. I get that a man got to have a lil'something to calm his mind. You know?"

I immediately darken my expression, she wasn't listening to me. I take out the pin out of my mouth.

"No Jaz I don't know. He made it nice and clear he had a thing for me back in Japan plus it was long before for it. Then he vanished and slept with a puta."

She freeze and stare at me. She got up. "let's go."

"What? Where're we going?"

"We gon jump his ass! No we gon Jack him." She said.

I shake my head in return.

"What? I thought he was just ignoring you and you were just ranting!"

"No we're just going to look crazy." I laugh.

She laughs back, "I know."

Knowing Jasmine was the best thing ever. She calls me "craycray" I call her "loca". We cool like that. She has a brother in the marine that she misses, the only figure male in her life. Her father was convicted for assault, but didn't make it out to see the outside world before his death. That didn't have a big impact on her and brother including their mother. Her mother was a strong woman, it didn't even faze. She had one thing to do, provide and raise her kids.

"How's your mama?"

"She's doing good, she's just want to smack every single of her students. Luckily holiday vacation is near."

Her mom is a English teacher in high school, her mom didn't want to be a nurse as Jasmine puts it "she was not about that life".

"How about yours?" She asks back.

"Good but she's acting different. She made a resignation letter for Mr. Powers out of the blue. But just to land on working for him again at his hotel."

"Hhum that's weird." I stop sewing measuring the dress again then I look at her.

"Yeah it's seem that he's really insisting on not making mama unemployed and work only for him." I conclude going back to sewing.

The mention of Mr. Powers made me think of his dreadful son.

"Huh oh." Jasmine echoed.

"I despise him! I want to... I want to..." I try to find something awful to say about him.

"Kiss him."

"Yes! Wait no!"

"Hmm. Convincing."

I continue to sew without saying anything.

"So how's Dominic?" I ask.

She's a thing for the cousin. Yes, they're cousin who would have thought that, We're both being crazy stupid over Powers. When I came back she was hired as a sale representatives since miss tooth lipstick was fired for her incompetent job. But she's fighting him, it's hilarious. Dominic is a player. She knows it. but she's playing his games. She's in the lead.

"I forgot to tell you after he dropped you off to your place. He purposely made a left turn on the wrong street to make it longer."

"At least yours is acting stupid for you."