Chapter 24

Please don't forget to vote.

I looked around the penthouse to find something to do but I had nothing to do. Not too long ago I was on the phone with Jasmine, she wanted to kill time until she entered for a conference meeting. I tried hard not to burst in tears or spill my soul out to her. That'll only make her want to go after his blood. I didn't dare to call Imani, she was not properly functioning.

I replied the previous in my head, I'm mad but I feel guilty for telling him all those stuff. What bothers me the most is the fact he didn't react like I hoped he would, to scream at me or hit something. I felt like I was wrongdoing. Why can't we be all lovey dovey again? My phone vibrate from the counter, I reached for it. Donovan. I don't remember giving him My number.

"Hello?" He seemed unsure of himself.

"Yes."

"I'm in front of your apartment, I came with groceries. I knocked many time but no one answered. Where are you?" He suddenly became serious when he asked me where I was.

"I... I'm at Isaac's." Not sure why hesitated.

"I'll be over there in 25 minutes."

I let Donovan in when he arrived, he was muffled inside his expensive coat. He took it off including his boots. He was left in black turtleneck shirt and dark jeans.

"Hi." I look down. Nervous again about how I'm alone with him again.

"Good morning." He smile at me.

I sit on the stool, he sits right next to me. It was getting weird, we didn't talk for awhile. He clasp his hands, I look at him and smile back.

"Do you want to talk about..." He asks. I didn't know what he is asking.

"You seemed down when I called you. It was quite easy to notice." He explained. I only said oh.

"It's me and Isaac... we're going down on the roller coaster." I see that he unclasp his hand and turned them into a fist. I pretend not to notice but I can tell he's mad at Isaac. Another person added the hate list of his.

"Oh really." I saw the look on his face. Murderous, but he pushed the feeling aside.

"Marshall provoked Isaac and now he's being a little distant. We went—suppose to Imani and Henry's baby shower, I went alone at first but he did show up without me knowing he was really at work, I got mad because I was so concern for him
Because he wanted space. I said some awful things last night and this morning was tense."

"Huh." He answered, he look around the penthouse, then asked. "He's not here?" I shook my head.

"Isaac is a little coño." I interrupted him with my laugh, I couldn't believe he just called Isaac a cunt.

"Yeah he is but you're being a baby." I stop and look at him. "Isaac is running away from his problems and you're causing problems because you've never been in a situations like this. I've had a few women in my life I had to let go because they couldn't handle my lifestyle. I'm glad I did. It's a lavish one but it's complicated. Simple people can't handle it. This problem Isaac is having isn't probably the first one but you should know that by now and it's not helping."

"So I should apologize because I was overreacting?" I asked sounding a little to stern.

"No." He said softly. "I'm trying to say you didn't react correctly and Isaac should man up because he shouldn't be surprised to what Marshall does to him. Isabella it's like a sheep befriends a wolf, it trusts the wolf because it hasn't been eaten—yet. A hungry desperate wolf, is always a carnivore."