Chapter 11

Two weeks has past since I've started working with Isaac. I've been attending meeting from meeting. Though, I thought being a assistant would be a light job but it's more then it seems. The business trip I will assist with Isaac is next week and I'm a bit nervous. The only time I traveled was to see mi abuela in Spain.

Speaking of Isaac, he's been helping me with a lot of things like the others, he helped me how to work a fax machine. It was a disaster it kept bugging, to test out my skills Mr.Powers volunteer to help. First thing I sent was a part of the bible on a PDF thingy that Isaac explained me. I succeeded, at least his soul will be saved.

I look at the portrait of my mom and sigh. Things have been the same ever since I took this job. We still talk to each other and live with one another but she's been indifferent about me working for her boss son. Deep down I know it's not the case, it's the fact that she don't want me to be with him.

To be honest it's not that bad, I like the office, I decorated a little bit but not to much. The desk is made in glass so it didn't need anything else. I added a vase filled with white peonies. I brought a painting of Marilyn Monroe just behind me. It needed a touch of feminine in here. 

I am sitting in front of my computer when the phone rings, it startled me a bit.

I answer. "Hello, Ms. Perez on the phone."

"Hello, Ms. Perez."

"Oh hi Will what's the 411."

"Ms.Perez, how many time will I repeat myself until you will properly say me name with professionalism. It's only William to you and what is 4-1-1?" I chuckle to myself. William and I have these amusing conversations. His remarks are sharp and precise. Uptight when something is not correctly done. His British accent makes everything look so fancy and proper.

I told him what I ate the other day, I knew he didn't care but it was funny to annoy him. It was so amusing when he associates chips for American fries. And sometimes I would ruin his tea hours.

"It's nothing Willy I'll tell you later."

"The Tokiyāma's are making a reservation at his estate so no need for reservations."

"Okay bye-bye Will."

"Ugh Oh revoir Ms.Perez."

I hang up. A little pain came on the bottom of my stomach. Shit. I cross my legs and bite my lip trying somehow to take the pain away. I instantly take my purse, I search for a pain reliever.

"Mierda, why now?" I stand up slowly and take my purse with me. I look at Isaac who's looking at his computer so I head to the door.

"Where are you going?"

I hold the door half open and huff looking down, discouraged of how men can be this dense.

"To the restroom."

"With your purse?"

I walk out without looking back. "Idioto." I say under my breath. I go the bathroom and I see a woman putting lipstick. Her black hair cascade her back and grey pencils skirt with louboutins.

I enter a cabin and do my business. I get out and wash my hand.

"Huh I like your boots."

She shake her wet hand. "Thank you." She flips her hair and looks down at mines. "Me too."

Okay no need to be sour. Those boots are so last season anyways. People these day can't take a single compliment. Some feel offended or narcissistic. Clearly she's one of those woman who always had it all. Hey, who am I to judge.