Chapter 23

I was standing with my gift in hand, I expected to see a little group of people to be here because that's what Imani said just family and friends invited for a quiet backyard party. Castel dropped me off at Henry's Maine family mansion. Isaac didn't feel okay, I'm all alone waiting for Imani's grande entrance, and Jasmine and Dominic aren't here yet.

I saw Henry coming towards, I threw him a smile to show at least my enthusiasm. I don't know any of these people, but to see Henry was a big relief.

He clasp his hands and smile, he's wearing a all pink shorts and shirt, I think he wants a girl which I also think it's going to be a girl so I'm all in white but I have a pink satin scarf.

"Hi." He greets. 

"Big crowd huh." I said.

"Yeah, we said only close family only but that was a lie." He laughed. He smile at me. "I see team Henry is winning."

"It's a game?"

"Yeah if my predictions is correct I'll be the one to name our child and if the majority of the guests thinks it's pink. Imani wants a boy, so he can be a mama's boy but I want a princess."

I almost wanted to tear up at the level of cuteness he is on right now,  they way he said princess with his english accent was to adorable. He's going spoil her like a princess.

"When is Imani coming?"

"When she feels the time has come  I guess. By the way I called Isaac..."

I only looked at him. "yeah." I answered shortly.

"I'm guessing that his Father had to do something about his mood." Henry said.

"It's more then just his mood." I emphasized.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, I turn around hoping it was Isaac but the hand was smaller compared to his. It was Jasmine and Dominic.

"Hiiii!" Jasmine greeted me, but I saw a little smudge of lipstick on the corner of her mouth, one of her button was misplace. I look over to Dominic, his hair was messed up.

"I see you had some working up to do." Henry joked, it was obvious that they were busy.

Dominic smirked. "Henry nice to see you."

"Isabella where he at?" Jasmine started to look left and right. She was referring he to Isaac.

"He couldn't make it." I stop, why am I making excuses for his absence. "Ha, sounds like him." Dominic said.

"Where's big mama?" Jasmine asked Henry. But before he could answer, a woman scream Dominic's name from across the room, she was so hectic she was pushing through people.

"Dominic who the hell is that?" Jasmine said in a low voice, she already had one hand on her hip.

"Huuh..."

"Dominic it's great to see you, last time we saw each other was at a gathering right." She hugged him, but Dominic kept short and dry. Obviously he didn't want to get on Jasmine bad side.

"Leana how are you doing?" Henry asked her but she didn't paid any attention, focus was on Dominic. She was gorgeous, she was dress in this rose printed satin, she elegant. It matched perfectly her honey colored skin, just a shade lighter then Imani.

"So you haven't been answering my calls." She asked him. But I was just looking at Jasmine, "Answer her Dominic, she waiting for the answer. Why ain't you calling back?"

"Who side are you on?" He asked her.

"Who side are you on?" Dominic whispered to Jasmine. But she wasn't having it, she backed up and crossed her arm.