Chapter 15

We've been driving for at least an hour now, every now and then we would stop because of traffic. I didn't say anything to Isaac since we got in this car, right now my arm have been inching his since Isaac holding my hand. I just want to yank it off but he's really persistent on making me all lovey-dovey with him. It's unsettling even for him, he's been cracking his knuckles and tapping his fingers on his knees.

"I think this isn't going to work." I whisper.

"Agreed." He let go of my hand. "Right now it doesn't seem natural, we're going to their private residence unfortunately we don't know what to expect. Their way of hospitality is different from ours so we'll need to be extra wise in how we react. The Tokiyāma's are different from other Japanese groups were familiar with." He tapped my lap.

That just spike another nerve in me but I'm a little glad that he didn't leave out of the blue and leave me guessing on my own. He was making me feel better in a way without making totally freak. It's incredible how Isaac is reacting towards this situation, the stunt his father did was unacceptable. Since then Isaac hasn't been acting as carefree on the plane, his father even tormented him even on the other side of the planet.

He isn't making it easy for Isaac, more for him than me. This was not expected, he really wants me to be with Isaac to the point where he literally lied to their crucial partnership with the Tokiyāma's. I look at Isaac who's looking intently outside. He held a deep frown he was trying to seem in control of the situation but clearly I can tell he wants to lose it. It made me sad for him because he's taking the problem all for him, forgetting he's not alone.

"Isaac." He didn't hear me.

"Isaac!" I tug his arm towards me.

"Hmm Yes, Bella." He was clearly distracted.

"Isaac." I sang. "Right now we're going to do the best out of this mess, loosen up a bit more or else I'll lose my cool if you can't keep me balance and we'll make a fool out of us." I pass my hand his wrinkle shirt and tap his chest without lingering for to long... It's not good for me. "Now take that grim off you face and give me that billion dollars smile that you know you're worth."

He gives me his best boyish grin ever. "Your's worth more than mine." He gives me a smile that last for 4 seconds.

My heart flatters for a second, was it a real compliment or a test or maybe he was just being nice. I retracted my hand from his chest back to my lap. I realize that I'm not so nervous than before maybe because I'm use to being in whatever mess Mr. Powers puts us.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Isaac asks me.

"Why can't it be a dimes or a quarter why only a penny?" I ask. Not to sound to rude but I want to loosen him up a bit because right now he's still have that frown.

"I thought I was worth more, my guess my mind should have the same value too." He rises an eyebrow of what I just said.

"I would be broke by now if I gave every ounce of my money to each thought that passes in your little mind. I might've done it." His eyes stare intently at mines while he talks. It seems so sincere between each word. My heart flutters again I bite my lips out of frustration. "Whoah, hahaha. I'm joking no need to be serious."

"I know you're joking. What are you thinking about?" He continues to ask.

"Where are we staying? Because we're no longer near a city and we've been driving forever."

"He said it was one of his private estate so we can be welcome gratefully." He answers.

After a long ride we came to a stop, a gate was slowly opening. I noticed around us were these deep crimson leafs surrounding us, mini stone of dragons on each side. When we enter a couldn't be more surprised. It was beautiful.