Chapter 7

"Isabella here's your payment." My mom hands the envelope to me.

When I open the envelope I was surprise. Mr.Powers must be kidding me, the amount he sent was too much, I only did 3 weeks.

"What's wrong." My mom asks. I gave her the check but a folded paper fall out.

"Oh my...Isabella."

I pick it and unfold, it was from Mr.Powers.

Dear Isabella,

To you my potential Daughter in law, I was harsh the other day but I had to do what was needed. I love to spoil my future "Hija" so I put more than the average because you're not just anyone. And I know you don't have what it takes to be presentable for the job. Have fun and you can't return this check.

From yours only
Father in law.

That's it! He cross the line, me with no sense of fashion. Who the fùck does he think I am. We're going to see about that and tomorrow is my first day as an assistant. I was nervous when Isaac sent me that mail but now I'm fired up.

"What's wrong."

"Nothing mama I got everything under control. Don't worry."

Next day, I wake up filling hype.
I prepare myself first but my favourite thing is the final look. Putting up a look is what inspired me to be a fashion designer, I remember the first time I saw Selena. A latina making it big.

I wear a big white t-shirt with" Qué Pasa Papi? " in big with a black lace bra under and a red pencil reaching my calfs and finally my white sandals strap heels. Slicking my hair back in a low bun, maroon  mate lipstick. And take my black clutch.

I go out and I do like the typical new-yorkers when trying to catch the cab. But the moment I lift my hand up three yellow cabs stops. I smirk at myself, femininity is a powerful thing. Every women have it, all you need to know is how to use it.

Getting in the cab, I show the chauffeur the address Isaac sent me.

I stand in front PWR building, people coming and going. A man with glasses comes towards me.

"You must be Ms.Isabella." In a robotic and calm voice.

"Yes." 

"Mr. Powers is waiting for you."

He doesn't give me the chance to ask which Power exactly. He walks away to quickly, he was already holding the door. I rush over him to not stall him, he's seems in hurry.