Chapter 6

Imani grabs my wrist a bit tight and drag me upstairs. I look at Isaac nervously, blank on what to do but he only look at me with the same fussy face he had when we were in the elevator. The equivalent look that made me more tense making me doing that stupid habit I had of fidgeting with my sleeve.

I look back at Imani, she is extremely gorgeous she wasn't even wearing any make up, she has an hourglass figure and a smooth chocolate skin. Her jumpsuit fits her perfectly.

She walk in a room. I do the same when I realize it was the bathroom. I stay in place uncomfortably. I see her open a drawer FULL of pregnancy tests my eyes widen at the varies tests I knew she was showing symptoms.

"Why do you need all of those, one or two would do the job"

"I want to determine the difference between the most expensive to the most cheapest tests to see if the result will be the same" she explain

Wow she is seriously crazy I'm kind of starting to like her. I look around and see two empty gallons of water. I don't understand why she would want me to assist her.

"Hum i'm going to wait outside..." I tell her and go wait outside.

I could hear henry's voice from downstairs I wait for a good two minutes till she call me to come inside. I see her hand shaking like crazy, she look straight into my eye

"I don't want to look at it, you'll look for me shit"

"Hum..Okay I guess"

We wait for a moment

"Those are the two longest minutes of my fucking life..okay look at it its been already two minutes"

I walk toward the sink and look at the brand clear blue pregnancy test 'PREGNANT 8 WEEKS'

"CONGRATULATION YOU'RE PREGNANT " I tell her a bit to excited but she didn't even seem ecstatic, she lean on edge of the bathtub and buried her face to her palm.

"What do you mean congratulation I can't be pregnant it was not plan, Henry and I talked about it but shit"

I didn't know what to say, I thought she would've been happy at the revelation before I speak someone knock on the door.

" Who is it?" Imani ask

"Isaac" he answered and she huff in distaste I guess those two are not in good term. She close the drawer and trow the pregnancy test in the garbage before opening the door.

"Can I talk to Bella?" He ask.

"Whatch' you want with her. What's so important to be in private that I can't be involved in my own damn bathroom. You'll have her all you want after all she is your assistant even maybe more then that." She whispers "crackhead" over her shoulder and walk away to wherever.

MADILTO! I look at Isaac his eye were fill with madness but he didn't protest.

"It's almost eleven i'm going home" he say to me with bitterness

I nod And follow him when he gets out of the bathroom. We took the last step of the stairs, I see Imani drinking water and Henry on the phone. We say our goodbyes and get out.

The drive to my apartment was longer than I thought. The tension between Isaac and I were intensifying per breath I Inhale since the hug. I repeat the same stupid nervous habit I couldn't stop glancing at him time to time. I wish I knew what he was thinking right now, he seems to be in deep thoughts he would frown his thick eyebrows when he think.

The chauffeur park in front of my building. I look at Isaac

"Hum..thanks for the lift" I say as I open the door

"No problem I'll send you an email next week. I won't be asking you to do anything big."

"But I didn't give you my email."

"My father still have your information. I'll have to ask him even if it kills me."

"Okay see you next week then." I say awkwardly. I close the car door and go inside. I open the apartment and head straight to the kitchen, I didn't eat much in the morning. I eat some leftover food and make me some tea and go to sleep. It's noon but who cares. I need to mentally prepare myself for my hot headed mother.

I open my eyes and I ask myself what in the world is making that noise. I check the time and it's 4:46, who sleeps that long? I get up so quick my vision blacks out for a moment and I get dizzy. I put my sandals to make sure my mom can't use it as a weapon to violate me.  I know she's mad.

Opening the door slowly I see her cutting vegetables with a serious face. Knowing that I'm here she cutting more and more harder.  Standing in front the counter. Feeling guilt as fùck. The woman in front of me that sacrifice everything for me. That went through so much and who give me love like no other.  

"Mama." I Cooed while twisting the bottom of my shirt. 

"Me he enfadado antes, pero ésta es la primera vez que me decepcionas." Her voice is so low and soft but full of disappointment. She's been mad before but this time it's disappointed. "Isabella I did not come here for nothing-" 

"Ma-"

"Silencio por favor" she continue
"Mr.Power told me everything. Él está loco. Who does he think he is? Ah! Qué gracioso hombre. Mi hija with that son of his. NUANCA!" She yell

"Mama I know I wouldn't fall for him, Mr.Powers is desperate for his son to have a good wife." she interrupts me  "And what's that have to do with you?"

"No sé?" I've been asking myself that question too. Why would a man like Mr. Powers choose a simple latina like me to marry his son.

"You're starting next week as his assistant?"

"Si."

"Find another job." Her tone was sterne and that was that. What she decided was final. She returns to cutting a the vegetables.

"Mama this is the only job that will pay off for Parson school. It may not be in the same domain but working for PWR. Airlines enterprise is an opportunity you can't refuse."   Her head is down pretending she didn't hear me. She just keep chopping it's starting to get ridiculous.

"Mama!"

"WHAT ISABELLA! What do you want? Do you expect me to just let you go work for him after what happened, no." She puncture the cutting board with the knife, breathing heavily.

"You think just by working any given job is going to help me. Mama I want this job I can pay some bills I'll do anything. But I'll let you know that I'm not letting you work forever soon I'll be the one taking care of you. This time i'm not listening to you."

"Who told you to take care of me that's my job!"

"Ever since you couldn't take care of yourself any longer. You are tired you are struggling but you're tough but that doesn't mean you deserve it. Your sadness is my sorrow your happiness is my joy. When you cry at night it's like you're crying for both of us. Let me cry for you too let me struggle for you to."

"Isabella."her voice wavered." promise me... As soon as you have the amount of money to pay for the school you'll end the job."

"Yes."

"Bella it's my job as your mother to cry for you. I feel disappointed that I can't provide enough but I'm proud to have a daughter like you."

We hug and she warms my back with her hand. A feeling that you can't describe no matter how hurt you are, a mother love never stops.
I hate when she puts herself last.

••••••••••••••••••••
Oohhhhh Imani doesn't look happy about the pregnancy. I think the hormones has influenced her dislike towards Isaac. I'm in love with Isaac!!!😍😍

Please Vote, comment and share :)