Chapter 18

Don't forget to vote.

Isaac POV

"When is your mother leaving for Spain?"

"After the party."

"I wish I was there with you. I know you have on those silky night gowns." Talking on the phone was something I didn't do other than talking business or money. It's been more than 20 minutes and I'm not getting tired of her voice. For some reason it sounds more lower and slower. The way she says the words, the way she drags a 'r' and 'n'.

"Isaac." She whines on the other line. I smile at the way it sounds, the 'I' is to pronounce than the rest of my name. "I don't have nothing to do. I don't have no work."

"Go see Imani."

"But she's busy... Have you found a replacement yet."

"No, but received a lot of resumes."

"Mmm okay."

"I miss you. Your smile and loud singing—

She interrupts me brutality, yelling, "I'm loud?!" The phone is on speaker so her voice filled the serene living room.

Damn what should I say, "no. your voice has resonance, it amplifies by its own with every word."

"Huh huh keep talking, it seem like you have every word. You're a good talker or persuader. My loud voice is really that beautiful."

"Yes it is." I answer truthfully.

"So it is loud?"

"No no that's not what I said."

"Yes, if I recall I asked 'my loud voice is really that beautiful' you Mr. Powers said I quote 'yes it is'."

"Bella."

"Isaac."

This is not what I imagine like talking to her, It was going so smooth and a couple of minutes we're having our first quarrelling on the phone.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you. I just miss your voice when you're carefree and I love it when you're around me."

"Isaac my sweet bear it's okay I'll sing to you next time we meet."

I cringe behind the phone. I just started something. She means everything she says.

"Sweet bear?" I ask.

"Yes I'm like your Honey, you like me." I chuckle, she's being too cute. She turn sour to sweet. I already tasted her spicy side. I make myself more comfortable on the couch, then resume working on my laptop.

"Galleta."

"Why Cookie? No I want something else."

"Then change mine." I tell her.

"Okay then... Papi." I pass my hand in my hair and fall back on the couch. This is too much, she just left a hot feeling in my chest after eating to much jalapeños. I could already feel myself getting hard hearing the word from her.

"Now what's mine?" She asks.

"Azúcar."

"Now I really think you have a sweet tooth." She tells me.

"Maybe... before I ate the cookie your skin held enough sugar to give me one. And I already have a name for you."

"What is it?"

"Bella."

"Stop being cute Papi." My heart squeeze. My dick twitch. Lord help me if she was telling me in person I wouldn't let the first syllables rolls over her tongue.