Chapter 8

The guys were walking to school together in silence, just taking a few glances every now and then at a solemn looking Juku, with darkness surging in his eyes.

     Budo nudged Juku trying to get his friends' attention, "Oi, Juku, You okay man?"

     Juku didn't flinch or look over at his concerned looking friends, he just kept staring forward at the sidewalk ahead of them, "Yeah..., Just tired," he said as he sighed. They didn't really talk that much until they neared the outskirts the high schools' walls, where Budo sighed as something came immediately back to his memory, "Oh yeah!," he said, searching his pocket, as confusion and then realization showed themselves in his eyes, "Shit..., I think I left my phone in the charger back in my room, what day is it today?," he asked either of his friends, Budo looked over at Sho as he pulled out his phone, when Juku answered, "It's Friday..., the date's tomorrow," he finished, not breaking his stare with the sidewalk.

     Budo looked at his friend, seriously concerned now, he stopped in his tracks as Sho did a step or two later, looking back at Budo, and then to Juku, as he kept walking, about to turn the corner into the school, "Are you sure your alright...?, come on man, speak to us," he continued, "Tell us what's wrong?"

     Juku stopped, looking forwards at the lockers, as he answered them, "I'm tired..., I'm just tired...," he said as he began to move slowly again towards the schools entrance.

     Budos' eyes squinted at Juku as he just sighed,"What's up you today man...," he thought in his mind as he began to walk with a worried looking Sho, "What's up with him today...?," He finished as he looked upwards again, seeing Ayano walking up to the school, taking a yawn as Budo called to her, waving his hand.

     "Aishi-chan, Ohayo," he said, his mood beginning to brighten up. slowly. Ayano looked over to see Budo and his friend walk over to her. "Ohayo...?,"she responded, not used to people telling her good morning. Budos' eyes closed as he smiled, standing next to her, "The hangout's tomorrow, you ready?" Ayano blushed lightly as she looked away, with the image of Taro, her senpai, coming to mind, "Yeah...," she squeaked as she said that, her cheeks puffed out slightly.

     Budo chuckled lightly seeing her get so flustered again as he began to speak again, "Anyways, we were going to the club to do some sparring today, you wanna join us this morning Aishi-chan?"

     Ayano nodded her head at his offer, "Hai," and the three began walking up into the lockers. Ayano and Sho continued walking upwards, turning to wait for Budo, " You guys go on without me, I'll catch up with you guys in a few," Budo said as he opened his locker, with the two nodding as they walked off together. " Budo picked up a new notebook he had stored in his locker as he left his biology textbook in the top shelf, now checking to make sure he had everything he needed to for the day. Budo closed his locker as he looked away from it"Well, time for some training," he said as a smirk found its way to his face as he readjusted his satchel. As he walked towards the center of the school, he looked over at the bulletin board, seeing the Martial Arts Clubs flyer, With one of his favorite quotes he's ever heard. He had to beg and bug Juku for hours to put it in there, but it was worth it.

    "Don't pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one!"

     He smiled as he looked around the bulletin board at the other club flyer, the gaming club, Occult club, and cooking club were what he was paying attention to the most. He was glad there were more clubs this year, the Gardening club in particular, as it actually gave something that Taro was interested in joining, since he turned down his offer at joining the Martial Arts club. He was about to continue until he looked over at the upper left side of the board and froze in place, unable to move his eyes.