Chapter 19

Budo had tilted his head in confusion as he looked over at the perplexed girl, "Yeah, aren't we friends?"

Snapping herself back into reality, Ayano nodded and crouched down next to Budo, "Yeah, I guess so."

There were a few seconds of awkward silence as Budo was left to think, "...You don't have much friends, do you?"

The girl remained silent, but nodded, personally unaffected by the thought and context of his question.

Looking at her still, Budo asked her again and sympathetic at that, "Tell me, what's on your mind?, we're friends so there's no reason to hide, what's got you down?"

Ayano finally sighed and spoke looking at the martial artist with her cold steel gaze,"If I could tell you, I would, but I would have to understand what it is first."

With a nod of his own, Budo smiled lightly at the distant girl as he put a well meaning hand(right) on her shoulder, signalling he was giving her his full attention with non inverting eyesight,"Well then,I'm all ears if you would want to talk to me if you'd need to, alright Ayano?"

Looking at his smile caused Ayano to bite the inside of her cheek as she nodded, grunting in response,"Hn."

Chuckling,Budo sat back on the ground, looking up at his apparent crush he was in denial over,"Well then, moving on,how well were you able to talk to him yesterday when our teams were made?"

Sitting on her knees across from him, Ayano pondered before looking away, unknowingly her face had pinked lightly," I still had a bit of difficulty, but...never mind, I was alright."

Tilting his head in confusion, Budo leaned forward to hear her more, almost colliding with Ayanos' face when she tried to look back,"Hm? What was-"

Their entire surrounding was near stark silent, only the sound of two hearts thumping was there.Their faces were only inches apart, and they never broke eye contact for that period, grey eyes, their eyes stared into the others grey ones. The feeling of Warm breath was the only speech possible at this time as their lips were close.

The lack of speech was filled by Ayano as she stared into Budos' eyes and then at his lips,"Budo...?"

With his eyes refocusing, he withdrew his reddened head back, slamming it on the bars behind them, anime steam coming from the back of his head,"O-Oof....."

Putting a hand on his shoulder panicking lightly and with the other feeling the back of his head,holding with her a still mainly neutral face, Ayano spoke,"A-Are you okay??"

Budo chuckled as he was still staring at the ground as he felt her lightly rub the back of his head,"Yeah, I'm f-fine..."

They were stuck there for a bit, her blush light and his dark as he chuckled nervously.

After a minute or so Ayano let go and just looked at him curiously, tilting her head unknowingly cutely, her blush had faded but he still seemed red in the face,"Are you okay?"

With an awkward chuckle Budo responded to her, rubbing the back of his neck,"Yeah, haha, sorry about that."

They were silent for a few moments as the other thought of what to say, lost after that little event.

The small alarm Ayano had on her phone rang, signalling it was near the end of lunch.

Ayano stood up from her position and bowed quickly, the martial artist looking up at her,"I'll meet you after school, I need to go and do something quickly before lunch ends."