Chapter 5: Friends?

Chapter 5: Friends?

JESS'S P.O.V
I woke up to the sound of birds chirping. I sat up stretching my arms, looking around. I looked down at Jason who was still fast asleep. I heard him snoring. He sleeps like a little baby. "Awww you're so adorable..." I said to myself quietly. I looked at Johnson who was already up. "Morning Johnson."
"Morning babe" I smiled and rolled my eyes. "Call me Jess." I looked back down at Jason and saw him just opening his eyes. "Morning Jason" I said. He sat up and looked around. "Morning..." He stood up having a yawn and a stretch. "Time to go find a new hide out..."

"But we don't have a car Jason." Johnson said standing up. "Who said we needed a car?" He smirked at Johnson. He walked into the bushes. He looked back at both of us. "Come on you two." Johnson grabbed me and followed after Jason. After a while of walking we came to a parkland. I looked over to the playground where all the cute little kids were playing and climbing. Jason looked at them too. "Look how cute they are!" I saw Jason look down. "Jason...?" He sighed and watched the little kids play. He looked at them for at least 10 minutes straight. "What are we doing here?" Johnson appeared next to me. "N...nothing..." Jason turned the other way and walked back into the forest. "Jason?" I followed him. He walked with his head down. "Jason? Are you okay?" Jason ignored me. I saw him wipe his eyes. Was he crying? I decided to stay back a bit and follow him.

JASON'S P.O.V
Seeing those little kids having fun and playing with their moms and dads messed with me. Seeing big brothers and sisters playing on the playground with their little siblings messed with me even more. I try not to cry. I sit alone with my back up against a tree. I wipe my eyes. "Jason...?" I heard my name from beside the tree. I looked up and saw Jess. "Oh...hey..."
"Are you okay...?"
"Why would you care about me... Why did you follow me here? You had a chance to run away then!" I saw Jess sit next to me. "What? I'm fine!"
"Yeah, that's why you just walk off for no reason at all sad." I sighed and looked down. "Just seeing the little kids having fun with their siblings..." I saw Jess put her arm around me. "It's okay..." I started to cry. "Me and my big brother used to do that together when I was little... He used to... just..." I felt Jess pull me into a hug. "I'm so sorry Jason..."
"And all the moms and dads playing with their sons and daughters... I never knew my mom and dad... I was... abandonded..."

I wiped my eyes. Jess had a sorry look on her face like she felt bad for me. "You're lucky you have a family. Me? I have no one..."
"Is that why you kidnapped me?" I looked up at Jess. "You kidnapped me so you didn't feel lonely?" I looked down and shed a tear. "I wish I still had my big brother... I miss him..." I couldn't help but pull my knees up to my chest and cry. Jess wrapped her arms around me and pulled me into a tight hug. "Awww Jason... it's okay..." Jess pulled me close so my head was in her chest. I stopped crying. I felt so weak and stupid when I cried. I stood up. "Come on lets just... go find a new hide out. Where's Johnson?"
"Right here Ja-" I watched as Johnson tripped over a tree root, landing face first into the ground. "Ugh... idiot..." I rolled my eyes. "I'm ok. I'm ok." He got up and brushed himself off. "Lets go."

I led the 3 of us down a forest track. After at least 20 minutes of walking, I saw a little abandoned house, that was recently burnt. Immediately I teared up. I walked up to it and walked inside. "This place will do for now..." I felt someone touch my arm. Turning around I saw Jess. "Are you okay?" I nodded. I walked into a room. "I'd like to be alone..." I closed the door behind me and locked it. I looked around the room, and broke down in tears.

JESS'S P.O.V
I was worried about Jason. I could've escaped and ran for it, but for some reason I wanted to stay with him. I looked around the place and I saw a picture frame on the ground. I picked it up and looked at it. It was a picture of a little boy and a big boy... they looked like brothers. "Oh my god... this is-"
"A picture of Jason and his brother." I looked at Johnson who was sitting at a table. "Do you know what happened to his brother?" Johnson looked up at me. "Yep. He died in this very house. Cops set fire to the place, he gave his life to Jason." My heart dropped. I decided to go over and knock on Jason's door. "Hey Jason? Are you okay?" No answer. I pressed my ear against the door and I heard sobbing and crying. "You can talk to me..." Still no answer. "Come on Jason." I saw the door knob twist and Jason standing there. His eyes red and puffy. I walked in and he closed the door behind me. I sat on the bed and he sat next to me.

"Why haven't you run off?"
"Because I want to stay with you" Jason gave me a look of surprise. "I never knew you had a soft side like this..." He looked down.
"I just needed someone to talk to... I heard girls can understand everything." I put my hand on his. I saw him smile a little. "I gotta tell you something Jess..."
"Yeah?" He looked down.
"I kinda... like you..."
"In what way...?"
"As a... friend... I've never had a friend..." I smiled at him. Even though he treated me like dirt, I liked him as a friend too... and plus, Lisa was right about his hair and his eyes. He was gorgeous. "I know you're keeping all of your emotions bottled up inside of you" I saw him shed a tear. "Would you like to tell me about your life? I'll listen..."
"Really..?" I nodded. I moved closer to him and held his hand. "And it's okay to cry Jason. Crying doesn't mean you're weak, it means you're alive." I smiled. "Why don't you tell me more about your brother?"
"Well..." Jason looked down. "It all started when..."