Chapter 30: Court Day

Chapter 30: Court day

JESS'S P.O.V
Finally. After 3 long days of sleepless nights of worry, court day was here. I got dressed up, looking nice. I felt butterflies in my stomach. I was super nervous. "Ready Jess?"
"Yeah..." I walked outside with lisa to her moms car, driving to the court house. On the way, I couldn't help but think of the worst - If we didn't win this case. "You okay Jess?"
"Yeah I'm... I'll be okay..."
"Don't worry. We'll win. You get to see Jason again!"
"Yeah, for how long..."
I looked out the window.

When we got to the court house, I walked inside. The only people who were in there was the judge, a couple of jury people and me and Lisa. I gulped, sitting down at the front of the court at a desk. "You must me Jess, am I correct?" The judge looked at me. "I... yes your honor..." I couldn't stop shaking, I was so nervous. "The session will begin when Jason McCann arrives." I looked back at Lisa who gave me the thumbs up. I gulped. I didn't know what to do. I looked around. Being in a court was new and scary to me... Suddenly, I heard the doors behind the court open. I looked and saw Jason walking down to the front of the court and sitting at the desk across from me. "Jason McCann, accussed of killing, bombing and shooting innocent lives. How do you plead?"
"Not quilty, your honor."
"Jessika Hensen, hostage of Jason McCann, I believe you have a story to tell." I stood up, clearing my throat. "When I was kidnapped by Johnson, I met Jason for the first time. During the time of me being with him, he's done nothing but protect me and look after me."
"So you're saying Jason McCann did not kidnap you?"
"No, you're honor." I looked over at Jason who was smiling at me. I gave him a little smile back. "It says here Jason bombed a funeral and you were with him at that present moment. Was he the bomber?"
"No, your honor..." The judge looked over at Jason.

JASON'S P.O.V
"Jason McCann. Is it true you got Johnson to do your dirty work for you?"
"No your honor."
"Then why are you saying it was all you?"
"I've been through a lot in my life. I lost my brother and Johnson took me in. I couldn't lose him so it was better me than him... but I lost him anyway..." It was an awkward silence in the court, until Lisa got up. "Your honor may I say a few words?" I looked over at Jess who did a face palm. "I'll allow it." Lisa walked to the front and to a desk beside the judge's. "Jess has been my bestest friend for about 7 years now and when I see her with Jason, she's extremely happy! Jason has treated her like a princess and he's always there for her." I smiled. "Jess told me that one night she tried walking home and a man tried to grab her, but Jason risked his life and saved her!" Lisa looked up at the judge. "And if you take Jason away from Jess, she'd be so upset..." I looked over at the people of the jury. I watched the judge flick through some files. "Jason, you covered Johnson's back?"
"Yes your honor..." I saw her flick through Johnson's file. "So never in your life have you killed a person?"
"No your honor..."
"And this Johnson is dead now, yes?"
"Yes your honor."

After at least half an hour of questions, it came to a conclusion. I started shaking and sweating. "Jury, how do you find him?" I looked over at Jess who teared up, praying to god that I wasn't quilty. My throat dried up, making it difficult for me to swallow. "We find the defendant..." I closed my eyes. "Quilty." I went wide eyed. "Jason McCann, I here-by find you, quilty and I sentence you to the death penalty for all of your doings! Take him away"
"NO!!!!!" I saw Jess getting up. "THAT ISN'T FAIR YOU'RE KILLING AN INOCCENT HUMAN BEING!!"
"I rest my case." I was outraged. I was mad. A guard went to grab me, but I turned around grabbing his gun from his pocket. I grabbed Jess, holding the gun to her head. "JASON WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"
I watched the guards pull their guns and pointed them at me. "Drop the girl McCann!"
"IF YOU SHOOT, I'LL KILL HER!" Jess looked at me. "Jason... what are you doing..." I gave Jess a 'I'm sorry...' look. She started to cry. "Jason don't do this..." I started to walk backwards towards the court doors. "MR. MCCANN LET THE GIRL GO."
"SHOOT ME AND I'LL SHOOT HER!" The guards had no choice but to drop their guns.

JESS'S P.O.V
"Jason why are you doing this..." I stood there confused as Jason had a gun pointed at the side of my head. Did he really turn on me...? He was using me as bait...
I was forced to walk with him, as he walked towards the court doors with his gun aimed at me and the cops the whole time. What was Jason gonna do to me? What was gonna happen? Was he actually gonna kill me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

END OF PART ONE