Chapter 22: You saved me

JESS'S P.O.V
I was walking down the cold, dark empty road in the middle of no where. I was shivering, freezing cold. I was making my way home. I've been walking for at least half an hour now. Hardly any cars were driving past. I let the tears roll down my cheeks. "I thought he loved me..." I whispered to myself. "I thought I actually meant something to him..." I was kicking up the dirt beside the road as I walked. I picked up a stone, throwing it in anger. I stopped, dropping to my knees. I put my face into my hands, crying. "I TRUSTED YOU JASON!" I yelled out at the top of my lungs. "I TRUSTED YOU!" I heard a car coming up from behind. I heard it getting closer and closer, coming to a complete stop in front of me. I stood up, starting to shake. I saw a man get out, he was at least in his 40's.

"What's a young girl like you doing out here all alone...?" He walked closer to me. I felt my heart about to explode out of my chest. I stood there frozen. "It's pretty dangerous, you should know that..." I gulped. "Cat got your tongue?!" Suddenly he grabbed me. "LET ME GO!!!" I screamed, trying to fight off his grip. "HELP!!" I cried. I was doomed. The man was dragging me to his car. This was it. This was this end, until I saw another car come driving towards me.

"HELP ME!!!!" I screamed out. I watched as the car came speeding in, hitting the mans car. He jumped out of the way, causing me to fall to the ground out of his grip. They got out of their car, and I watched them hold the man to the ground. "DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH MY GIRL!" I then realized who it was. "JASON?!" I stood up quickly. "GET OUT OF HERE." He pulled the man up, pushing him back towards his car. The man took a swing at Jason, punching him in the stomach. "JASON!!" Jason quickly got up, pulling out a knife from his pocket and holding it up to the man. "I said leave..." The man backed off. "LEAVE! NOW!" Jason was holding his stomach, a look of pain was on his face. The man gave Jason and evil look as he got back into his car, driving off.

Jason became short of breath, collapsing to the ground on his knees, dropping the knife. "Jason..." I kneeled next to him. "You saved my life..." He gave me a little smile before collapsing. I knew he was winded. "Jason!" I gently picked him up and helped him up, giving him support to walk. I opened the back door of the car, helping him lay down on the back seats. He was holding his stomach, slowly getting his breath back. "Oh Jason..."
"I'm sorry Jess..." I teared up.
"You saved my life..." He smiled. "You're my hero..." I smiled, letting a tear roll down my cheek. "I told you I loved you..." I smiled while crying happy tears, going around the car and getting into the drivers side. "Come on Jason..."
"Where are we going...?"
"My place."

JASON'S P.O.V
My stomach was hurting like hell. I was groaning in agony. "Jess it hurts..."
"We better get you to the hospital..." I held onto my stomach as a look of pain washed over my face. I groaned again. "I'm taking you to the hospital!" "Then I'll end up in prison again..."
"Not if I can help it!"
"I thought you hated me..."
"I'm sorry I was just... mad and hurt..."
"I understand..." After minutes of driving, my stomach was getting worse by the minute to the point where I was crying in pain. "It's okay baby it's okay hold in there..." I felt Jess drive faster. "I had no idea you could drive..."
"Neither did I..."

I felt the car turn a corner, and out the window I saw a hospital emergency sign. I felt the car come to a stop and Jess getting out. She opened the back door, helping me get out. "So lucky there's a hospital here..." I grabbed onto my stomach as Jess helped me into the emergency doorway. "Wait stop..." Jess stopped.
"What's wrong Jason...?" I stumbled over to a bush and threw up. It hurt my stomach even more. Jess pat me on the back. I threw up again, causing me even more pain. I wiped my mouth. "are you okay now?" I shook my head. "Just get me into the hospital!" Jess gave me support, walking me into the hospital. All eyes in the emergency room turned to me. I felt a dizzy spell. "Jess I need to sit down..." Jess sat me down on a chair. "Wait here..." She went over to see the receptionist.

JESS'S P.O.V
"A doctor to see Jason McCann please." The receptionist looked at me in shock. "Please miss he's really hurt!! please he needs to see a doctor right away!"
"Oh um, of course! straight away!"
"Thanks so much." I went back over sitting next to Jason. "Do you wanna try a drink of water?" Jason nodded. I went over to where the water was and poured a little cup of water. I brought it back to Jason giving it to him. He took a little sip. "You risked your life for me..." I gave him a little smile. "See, I really do love you..." I held his hand, kissing him on the cheek. "Jason McCann?" I looked up seeing a doctor looking over at us. "Come on Jason." I helped him up. "Lets go see the doctor." I saw the doctor shaking a little bit. This was either gonna go really good, or really bad.