Part 2 chapter 4: No where left to go

Chapter 4: No where left to go

JESS'S P.O.V
I hid with Jason in the hay stack. I saw the barn doors open and an old man with a shot gun walked in. "Who's in here?!" Jason pulled me closer to me covering my mouth with his hand. I stayed extremely still not making a single movement or sound. I watched the man scan around the barn coming closer and closer to the hay stack we were hiding in. "I-I'm gonna sneeze..." Jason grabbed his nose trying to hold the sneeze in. "Jason no!!" He held his breath and shut his eyes. The hay was tickling his nose. I bit my lip watching Jason struggle to keep the sneeze held in. I saw the old man about to walk out, until Jason let out the loudest sneeze in the world. The old man shot at the hay stack. I stood up screaming. "GET OFF OF MY PROPERTY!!" He shot at me again. "JASON HELP!!" Jason stood up and pointed his gun at the man. "Drop the gun old man and we'll leave quietly. I saw the man drop his gun in shock. "J-Jason McCann...." Jason walked out from behind the hay stack. The man backed away with his hands up. I got out from behind the hay stack and went up to Jason. "We'll leave quietly now..." Jason and I walked out and walked up beside the road.

I sighed. "No car. No place to go. Nothing..." I followed behind Jason kicking some stones along the grass. "There has to be a town somewhere..." I stopped. "Face it Jason! We're in the middle of no where and there's no place for us to go! The only place we were accepted in was with that crazy guy at the beach!!" Jason kept walking. I groaned and followed him.

We were still walking when night fell. It got cold and extremely dark, there were no road lights. I couldn't see a thing. "Jason..." Jason just kept walking. "I'm tired... slow down..." Jason stopped and turned to face me. "Come on then, I'll give you a piggy back..." Jason kneeled down as I slowly climbed up onto his back and wrapping my arms around his neck. He continued to walk as I rested my head on the back of his shoulder.

JASON'S P.O.V
Jess was lighter than I thought she was gonna be. We've been walking for at least an hour now but I wasn't even tired. I came to a stop where I suddenly noticed some lights and some buildings up ahead. "Why did we stop...?"
"Look Jess!" I put Jess down as she looked into the distance. She gasped. "A TOWN!" She ran towards it and I ran behind her. As we got closer, it was another little town. We walked down one of the streets. I saw some houses. I peeked in one house's window and saw a family at a table eating their dinner. I saw a little boy playing and messing around with his big brother. My heart sunk. "Jason...?"
"I'm... I'm fine come on..." I walked off down the street. "We can't stay here..."
"Why not?!"
"Because they'll know who I am Jess... alot of people live here by the looks of it." Jess let out a sigh.
"So where are we gonna go then?" I stopped and looked down. "I don't know Jess... I don't know..." I looked around the streets. I sighed and continued to walk to a small store. I went inside and went to the front counter. "J-J-JASON MCCANN!!" I sighed and looked down. "I'm not here to cause trouble... I just wanted to ask you if there was a hotel or something around here..." The worker started to go all calm. "There's one up furtherer, about 5 blocks up from here."
"Thanks..." I walked out with my hands shoved in my jean pockets.

I was walking down the side of the road with Jess and I saw a car parked. "Oh yes a car!!" Jess leaned up against it resting her feet. I smiled, pulling out my gun, aiming it at the lock then shooting. "Come on get in."
"WITH PLEASURE." Jess immediately got into the back seat laying down. I got into the drivers. Time to hit the road again.

I didn't know where to go, so I decided to let the road take me where ever. I saw Jess in the back seat fast asleep. I laughed quietly as I continued driving. It was getting really late. I grew sleepy, I decided to pull the car over then climb into the back seat with Jess. I snuggled up to her falling fast asleep.