Part 2 Chapter 5: Old Lady Marie

Chapter 5: Old Lady Marie

JESS'S P.O.V
I woke up and saw Jason was fast asleep in my arms. I smiled sitting up and stretching. I opened the car door and got out rubbing my eyes. "Morning..." I heard a raspy voice from behind me. "Oh good morning Jason!" Jason got out after me and sat back into the drivers seat. I sighed getting back into the back. "Where are we going now..."
"I don't know..." I felt the car drive off again.

When we got to another town, I felt the car was beginning to slow down. "Oh no..."
"What is it...?" I felt the car come to a complete stop. "Out of gas..." We were stopped in the middle off a street. I looked over at a house and saw an old lady watering her garden. "I have an idea..." I got out and Jason got out after me. I walked over the where the old lady was. "Excuse me!" She looked up at me with a gentle smile. "Yes can I help you?"
"Can you help us? Our car ran out of gas and we have no where to stay..." I saw her smile fade as she looked over at Jason. "I swear that young lad looks like Jason McCann..."
"It's not! He's my boyfriend James Woods."
"Oh well... you can come stay with me if you'd like."
"Are you sure? We don't wanna be a bother..."
"No of course! I could use some company around the house and I have an extra room just for you!"
"Thanks so much!" I smiled as I grabbed hold of Jason's hand and walked inside.

We sat inside her living room. She had an amazing place. "I'm Marie, have a cookie." She held out a jar of cookies. "Oh thank you!" I took one shoving in it in my mouth. "Would you like one James?" Jason nodded and grabbed a cookie. "Thanks ma'am."
"Oh please call me Marie." I watched as she poured a cup of tea. "So where did you kids come from?"
"Out of town, like waaaaaaaay out of town..."
"Oh that's nice so you've never been here before?"
"Nope!"
"Oh well you can stay here for as long as you'd like I don't mind at all." Yeah, until she found out 'James' was Jason McCann.

JASON'S P.O.V
It was nice as Marie to let us into her home. I mean, it was a pretty good hide out. I sat there and looked around. Suddenly I heard a small "meow" come from near my leg. I looked down and saw a cat. "Oh, that's Mr. Whiskers!" Original name. The cat jumped up on me sitting in my lap purring. Jess laughed at me. "He must want to say hello!"
"Uhhh... hi..." I gently pet it.
"Don't worry he's a people cat. He loves people." I looked over at Jess who was looking at the cat and smiling. "Hey little kitty!!" She scratched under his chin. "I'll be right back kids just let me set up your room." I watched as Marie walked down the hall. "It's so nice of her to let us stay here..." I turned my attention that was to the news. "Wanted criminal is on the run again and is no where to be seen. Local police are warning everyone to lock their doors and windows until there is new info as to where Jason is now. Keep on the look out and if seen, dial 911 straight away." I sighed.
"I've heard about this Jason McCann boy." I saw Marie standing and watching the tv. "You look just like the young lad!" I looked at Jess who shook her head. "I sure hope they find him!" "I hope so too..." I said smiling awkwardly. "Well the room is all set up."
"Thank you so much!" Jess got up and I followed her down the hall into the spare room.

"Wow, this is amazing! Thanks so much it means alot!" Jess gave Marie a cute smile as she closed the door. I sat on the bed. "You know we can't stay here for long Jess..."
"I know..." Jess sat on the floor.
"I guess it'll do for now..." I knew the cops were gonna find us here. It was only a matter of time, I could feel it...