Chapter 28: Visit

Chapter 28: Visit

JESS'S P.O.V
Day 2. I couldn't wait anymore. I gave in. I just had to see Jason before I curl up in a ball to die. 3 days, doesn't seem long but when you're in love, it seems like forever. I decided to walk over to Lisa's house which was just up 5 houses from mine. I knocked on the door. "Jess?"
"Hey Lisa... where is your mom?"
"She's in the living room, why?"
"Can she drive me to the police station?" Lisa looked at me, gently grabbing my hand and pulling me inside. "Jess, you know the rule. He's in isolation, you can't see him till court day!"
"I don't care! I need to see him now!!" Lisa sighed. "Alright fine, we can drive to the police station, but it'll be a waste of time. They won't let you see him..."
"I'll get on my knees and beg if I have to."

Lisa sighed again calling out to her mom. Her mom came walking in. "What is it honey?"
"Can we drive Jess to the police station? She wants to see Jason."
"Of course. Come on." I followed Lisa and her mom outside to their car. I got into the back seat. I was on my way to see Jason, and I had to see him even I had to beg or bribe the officers. I just had to see him...

When we got to the station, I walked inside. Lisa and her mom stayed out the front in the car. I took a deep breath, walking up to the front desk. "Excuse me, I'd like to see Jason McCann please." The officer looked up at me. "No can do Miss."
"Please let me see him..."
"No Miss, he is in isolation and not allowed to see anyone."
"Please!! Please I have to tell him something very important just please!!"
"Miss, please"
"Just for 5 minutes even 5 seconds I honestly don't care I just need to see him please!" The officer sighed and thought to himself. "Very well..." He got up, getting the key to Jason's cell. "This way Miss." I followed the officer to Jason's cell. They just can't say no to the best begger in the world.

JASON'S P.O.V
I sat in the cell alone, Matt went to his court day. I felt lonely. I had my knees up to my chin. I sighed. "I miss you Jess..." Suddenly I heard my door unlock. I stood up quickly. The door opened and I saw Jess walk in. "JESS!" I ran over and hugged her tight. "I missed you..." she whispered against my shoulder. I didn't let her go for a minute. "What are you doing here...? you couldn't even last a day without me...?"
"No... I needed to be with you..." She wrapped her arms around my neck. "Court day is in one more day Jess..." "I couldn't wait that long." I smiled and sat down on my bed. Jess sat on my lap. "So... this is what it's like to be in a cell." She looked around.
"Yep..."
"It's... very nice..." I giggled. It was 10x better than a prison cell. "Jason, I couldn't sleep very well. I was so worried about you..." Jess rested her head on my shoulder. I wrapped my arm around her waist and gently stroked her back. We looked at each other and gave each other a gentle kiss.

"How did you get in here anyway?" Jess smiled. "Well, I am the worlds best begger!" I giggled rolling my eyes. I layed down on my bed, which, was much more comfortable than the one I had in prison. Jess layed beside me, just fitting on the bed. I wrapped my arm around her and she brought her head to my chest. "I hope we win the court case..."
"Me too..." I saw her closing her eyes and going to sleep. "You might have to go soon Jess..."
"Shhh I'm hoping they forgot I'm in here..." I laughed. Jess was the funniest most smartest girl I've ever met. Honestly, I was struggling to go 3 days without her myself... I watched Jess as she was fast asleep with her head on my chest, knowing that right now would be the last time I ever saw Jess again...