Chapter 13: Run for it!

JASON'S P.O.V
Before he went to grab me, I heard a bang and watched a lifeless guards body fall to the ground. I widened my eyes, looking over at Jess who was holding a gun aimed at the guard. I dropped my jaw. "Jess... did you just..." She shook her head slowly, covering her mouth starting to cry. "Oh my god Jess..." Lisa looked down at the guard in disbelief. "Come on we gotta get out of here!!" Johnson ran. I grabbed Jess's arm running after Johnson. Suddenly a bullet came flying through the air past our heads. "GET DOWN!" I pulled Jess with me behind the guards desk.

JESS'S P.O.V
I still couldn't believe I killed an innocent life and busted a criminal put in jail. What was I turning into?! This wasn't me at all. I had a clean record until now. Jason had me pinned down behind the desk. "Stay down." I was breathing heavily as Jason got out from behind the desk and started to help Johnson fight some guards. So far we were winning. Lisa was in front of me, curled up in a ball. "GONNA DIE GONNA DIE OH GOD." I rolled my eyes "LISA GET A GRIP OF YOURSELF!" I grabbed her arm pulling her close to me. "Just stay down and be quiet!" I peeked up over the front of the desk. I saw a bunch of lifeless bodies around where Jason and Johnson were standing. I saw Jason turn around to face me. "It's safe to come out now." I got up slowly pulling Lisa up with me.

"Come on!" Johnson walked down the aisle and we followed. I stepped over the lifeless bodies. "THAT. WAS. AWESOME!!" Lisa was jumping around us, skipping and singing. She went up to Jason. "Hi Jason!" Jason gave Lisa an angry look. "Get. away. from. me." I sighed pulling Lisa back to me. I heard gun shots being fired from behind us. "RUN!" Jason grabbed me by the arm bolting for the front of the prison. Johnson and Lisa ran after us. "ALMOST THERE!" Suddenly I heard a bullet being fired and an ear piercing scream from Jason. I saw him fall to the ground holding his arm. "JASON!!!" Blood was running down his arm, I realized he got shot. I kneeled down next to him. "JASON OH MY..." I looked up at Johnson who ran and stopped at Jason, scooping him up. "COME ON KEEP RUNNING!" I ran after Johnson out of the prison and into a forest.

After minutes of running, the cops gave up on us. Johnson set Jason down gently on the ground and kneeled down to him. Jason was holding his arm crying in pain. "It's alright Jason..." I watched as Johnson pulled out a knife from his pocket. "WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO?!" Lisa stood there about to cry. I watched as Johnson put the knife to Jason's arm moving his blood-covered hand out of the way. "I'm sorry buddy but this is gonna hurt..." Johnson stuck the knife in his arm, digging out the bullet. Lisa and I covered our ears due to Jason's ear piercing scream. Johnson tossed the bullet out, taking off his jacket and cleaning up the wound. He got out a piece of bandage, wrapping it around Jason's arm. "There you go buddy... you're okay." Johnson picked Jason up to stand him up. I ran over to Jason. "You're okay!" Jason looked at his arm and smiled back at me. "You came back..." I smiled and pulled him close to me.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him. I felt him kiss me back, while he moved his hands to rest them on my waist. Our kiss was so... special... warm... soft... amazing. I felt Jason smiling in the kiss. We pulled away. "GOOOOOOOO JESS!!" I rolled my eyes at Lisa, kissing Jason again, but then I felt a bullet go straight past our heads. I turned around to see a cop standing there. "JASON LOOK OUT!!!" I saw Johnson run in front of Jason where another bullet was fired. Suddenly, Johnson's lifeless body fell to the ground. I grabbed the gun I had in my pocket, closing my eyes and shooting the cop. I killed another one. "JOHNSON NO!!!" Jason ran up and kneeled beside his lifeless body. "Johnson...?" I watched as Jason shook him. "Come on Johnson... get up... we gotta go find a new hide-out..." I stood there, tears forming in my eyes. I kneeled down putting my arm around Jason. "Jason..."
"What?!" I sighed, starting to cry.
"I don't think Johnson's gonna wake up...."
"NO! HE HAS TO!" I watched Jason shaking his body, as tears started to stream down his cheeks.