Chapter 9: 5 Star Hotel

JESS'S P.O.V
It was night fall. Jason, Johnson and I all sat around the fire. We all looked at each other awkwardly, not knowing what to say to each other. "So um..." Jason and I turned out heads to Johnson. "They have um... very nice trees out here..." I looked at Jason who looked at me. We shrugged at each other. "Oh yeah um... they are pretty nice trees... what do you think Jason?"
"They're nice..."
"What kind of trees do you think they are?" Johnson looked up at them.
"I don't know... barky ones?" I let out a little laugh at Jason's reply. "So Jess, do you miss home?"
"Um, yeah... sort of... not really..." I looked up at Jason who quickly turned his head to look away from me. I smiled. "Well, I'm hitting the hay..." I snuggled up to some tree roots like the tree was holding me. I closed my eyes, falling asleep.

Morning came and I woke up to the sound of Jason and Johnson's voices. "Just tell her man."
"No! she'll think I'm crazy..."
"If she didn't like you back, she would've ran away from you by now!"
I sat up. "Morning guys..." They quickly stopped what they were talking about and turned to look at me. "Morning Jess..." Jason said smiling. "Well, we're moving onto a new hide-out." I got up and followed Jason and Johnson to the wrecked car. They hopped in. "Wait... does the car still even work?" Jason gave me a nod. "I tested it out." I sighed and crawled into the back seat again. "New hide-out here we come"
"Also a new car..." Jason gave Johnson and evil stare. "IT STILL GOES OK."
"Oh yeah just gonna drive a piece of car wreck on the road no one will notice!"
"SHUT UP JOHNSON!"
"I wasn't the one who destroyed it."
"YOUR FAULT FOR LETTING ME DRIVE!" I sighed.
"JASON. JOHNSON!" They froze and looked at me, giving me a death stare. I cleared my throat. "can we... y'know... drive now?"
"Good idea Jess!" Jason said giving Johnson a punch. Johnson put both hands on the steering wheel. "Now this, Jason, is how you drive a car!"
"SHUT THE HELL UP AND DRIVE!" I sat there trying to hold in my laughter.

When we arrived into town, Jason looked around. "Stop here" Johnson stopped the car. I looked up and noticed we stopped in front of a hotel. a 5 star hotel. "We're staying here?!"
"Yep. Grab the grenades." We all got out of the car, I grabbed the bag of grenades as we walked inside the hotel and saw the receptionist. "Welcome to our 5 star ho-" I saw the receptionist eyes went wide, and before she could scream, Jason got his gun out and pointed it at her. "Listen here, we're gonna stay here and hide out. If you tell ANYONE that we're here and give up away, this place is gonna go down in flames with everyone in it, including you. GOT THAT?!" The receptionist nodded. "YES YES YES JUST. TAKE THE BEST ROOM WE HAVE. ROOM 26!" The receptionist gave Jason the key as he put away his gun. "Lets go." Me and Johnson followed Jason to the room we were gonna stay in.

JASON'S P.O.V
Once we got to the room, I unlocked it. We all walked inside and all our jaws dropped. "WOW! THIS ROOM IS AMAZING! 3 BEDROOMS. A SPA. A-"
"Don't get too comfortable Johnson..." I watched Jess as she walked into a room. "Now's your chance buddy!" Johnson said. I took a deep breath and followed her inside and closed the door behind me. "Hey Jess."
"Hey Jason!" I watched Jess lay on her stomach along the bed. I looked down and sat beside her. "So... miss home...?"
"I said last night I sort of did... But not really."
"What do you mean by that?" Jess sighed and smiled. "At home, the only thing I could do is hang out with the same boring friends and go to the movies. That was about it."
"Oh..."

"Ever since you kidnapped me, it has been an adventure and danger risks! Sure it was scary, but... it was fun at the same time." I gave Jess a smile.
"Is that why you don't wanna run away? To have adventure?"
"Yes!" Jess sighed happily to herself. "I don't think I wanna go home either. I wanna stay with you..." I gave Jess a surprised look. "Really..?" She nodded at me. "I... um. Can I ask you something?"
"Anything!" Jess looked at me smiling.
"I was wondering if... maybe you wanna um..." I cleared my throat.
"If I wanna...?" I couldn't let the nerves hold me back. I just went for it. "If you wanna go on a date with me..? I saw a resturant down the bottom of the hotel. I can get it to ourselves..."
"You really mean that..?" I nodded.
"Hm... yes. I will go on a date with you." I smiled.
"Tonight?" Jess sat up and hugged me. I hugged her back and couldn't help but smile. "That sounds perfect Jason." I did it. I asked her out. I've never felt this way before. I felt... happy and free. This was new to me... and this was going to be myvery first ever date. I hope it goes well. I really do like Jess...