Part 2 Chapter 6: Run

Chapter 6: Run

JESS'S P.O.V
It's been a few days, and Jason and I were still staying in the nice old lady's house. We just got settled in. Jason and I were snuggled up in each others arms on the couching watching a funny movie and eating some popcorn. The cops still haven't found us... yet. "Jess, James, dinners ready!" Jason paused the movie as we walked out into the kitchen and sat at the kitchen table. I looked down at the plate. "I hope you like chicken with vegetables"
"I love chicken!!" I smiled and picked up a piece with my fork. Marie's dinner where delicious. It was complete silence at the table as we ate. Jason looked up at me smiling. I smiled back. "How long have you two been going out with each other for?"
"Oh about... few weeks now?"
"Yeah around about!"
"Oh my you two are so perfect together!" I blushed, shoving another piece of chicken into my mouth. Suddenly I heard saw blue and red lights flashing outside the street. "OH NO."
"What is it dear?"
"Um! Nothing I gotta pee!" I quickly grabbed Jason and ran into the spare room. "Jess what is it?!"
"COPS. HERE."
"What?"

Suddenly we heard a knock on the door and a man speaking. "Sorry to bother you miss but have you seen a young boy, Jason McCann?" I peeked over at the door and saw a cop holding up a picture of Jason. "Oh my gosh James looks so similar to him!" "James...?" I gasped as I covered my mouth. "Jason we have to get out of here now!!"
"Do you mind if we have a look around your house for him?"
Jason quickly opened up the spare rooms window. "Jess come on!" Jason climbed out the window and I climbed out after him. We ran into a forest, faster than ever. I saw flashlights searching the forest. I hid with Jason behind some trees to avoid being caught. I was breathing heavily. There was a whole bunch of cops, they were everywhere. Me and Jason didn't stand a chance.

JASON'S P.O.V
We hid deep in the forest, running deeper and deeper. Finally, we lost them. Jess collapsed on the forest ground and sighed in relief. "Jason...?" I sat beside Jess. "Yeah...?"
"I'm sick of this..."
"Sick of what...?"
"I'm sick of running and constantly being on the run..."
"You never had to come with me..."
"I wanted to Jason because I love you..." She sat up next to me planting a small gentle kiss on my lips. We snuggled up next to each other. "We should be safe here for now..." Jess sighed again. "I hope so..." We both went to sleep. I hope the cops wouldn't come deeper into the forest...