The Over Glorified Squidward

"So, what do you think it is?" Frank asked, shaking his fingers through his hair as he walked to the main deck of the tardis. The Doctor had been working all night at trying to figure out what the pinkish slime was.

"I am not one hundred percent..." He replied, tiredly. "It's not living, but it once was. Which narrows it down, but not by much when you have a whole universe to look through..."

Frank leaned against the railing around the platform the controls rested on. "So, aliens are literally everywhere?"

"All throughout space and time..." The Doctor replied, absently, reaching up and twisting some of his red strands of hair between his fingers. "You wouldn't believe the historical events that wouldn't have happened without aliens... Like the moon landing."

"Aliens assisted the moon landing?" Frank asked with an unconvinced laugh.

"Oh, Frankie, more than you realize..." The Doctor grinned, "That was a fun time..."

Frank shook his head. "This is so much to take in sober." He sighed.

"Go have a drink!" The Doctor shrugged, waving him away. "I'm not really getting too far here, but I'll get you if I do. Maybe you'll run into Brendon or his friend..."

"Or the thing that's taking everyone." Frank muttered, looking over at the tardis' door.

"You're a feisty one, you'll be fine." The Doctor winked at him with a grin on his face.

Frank fought back a blush, turning completely to the door now. "I'll be at Ryan's go to." Frank said, quoting Brendon from the day before.

"I'll come the moment I find out anything!" The Doctor called out, pressing some buttons before sliding something along a small screen at the control panel. Frank nodded, pulling open the door and slipping out.

---

Frank swirled his drink around the small cup in his hand. The time may have changed, but at least the beer hadn't changed. It still did the job of getting him drunk, which is what he needed right now.

"Hey, Frank!"

Frank turned as Brendon slid onto the barstool next to him. He had a flirtatious grin on his face as he looked the tattooed boy over.

"Can I buy you a one of those?" He asked, pointing at the cup in Frank's hand.

"I'm good, Brendon."

"Nah, I insist!" Brendon declared, waving the bartender over. "Let me be a good pal."

Frank looked at Brendon questioningly. "Weren't you out looking for your friend?" He asked as Brendon got two cups from the bartender. He spun in the direction opposite to Frank before quickly facing him again, holding out a cup.

"He came home!" Brendon announced, cheerfully. "I should of just waited, but after a few days you start to panic." He laughed, bringing his glass to his lips.

Frank reached out for the glass Brendon held out to him. "Guess we can cheers to that." Frank shrugged, "The Doctor will be happy to hear."

Brendon just grinned, holding out his cup to clink against Frank's. They both brought it to their lips quickly after, shooting it down their throats. Frank coughed as it went down. It burned slightly more than the alcohol of his time.

"So," Brendon tapped the bar, looking at Frank from the corner of his eye. "Where is the Doctor?"

"Ship." Frank replied simply with a shrug, "He's trying to analyze something..."

Brendon nodded, looking down at the bar. "Any luck with that?"

"Nope." Frank responded with an added pop to the P. The grin on Brendon's face seemed to grow with that.