A Few Of Your Least Favorite Things...

"The boss isn't going to like this."

"We may not have the guy, but we got the ship! That's better than nothing!"

Two masked figures walked down a long, white corridor bickering back and forth. They quieted only as they reached the solid black door at the end of the hallway. They turned to each other, unable to gauge one other's expressions due to their rubber masks.

"You go first."

"I'm not going first!"

"You're the one that said the ship was better than nothing!"

The door opened before they could finish their argument, causing them to jump. A man stood before them, holding the door open with his metal arm. He stared at the two of them before gesturing them inside. The two nervously complied, slinking in slowly. They continued to a dark wood desk, standing next to a set of chairs as they listened to the door close behind them.

The soft clang of metal was heard with every coming footstep. The two masked men stood as straight as they could, despite the fear coursing through their veins as the bald man walked past them. He only stopped once he was in front of the chair on the other side of the desk. He sat in a fluid motion, while gesturing for the two masked men in front of him to do the same.

"You're missing one." He remarked as the shakiy figures took their seats.

"The originals were taken out by Kobra Kid and another Killjoy." The first masked man spoke, "They originally had the human you sent them back for-"

"Did they inject him?"

The two masked figures exchanged unreadable looks, quickly, before turning back to the bald man. "Once for unconsciousness, once for the beginning stage." The second masked man replied, a bit shakier than the first. "We found the empty and unbroken remains of those on one of our lost men. They stole the car."

The bald man nodded, leaning back in his chair. He was staring at the second masked man, causing him to fidget. "Do I scare you, Draculoid?" He asked with the tilt of his head.

"No, sir." The man replied, glad for the mask that concealed his features.

The bald man tisked, shaking his head. "It does no good to lie to me. My upgrades see past it. Perhaps you're in need of some upgrades; I can't have fearful soldiers."

"I'm not afraid!" The masked man cried out with panic evident in his tone, "Please, I don't need to be upgraded, I am not afraid!"

"You're not a good liar, either." The bald man replied, knocking on his desk a series of four times.

The second masked man cried out as straps flew out from his chair to tie him down. He fought against it, the the straps only tightened.

"You are to be upgraded, so that your emotions are uncompromising." The bald man spoke with a small wave before the masked man's seat dropped through the floor. His screams echoed until a floor panel slid over the banishment spot. The bald man now turned to the first masked man. "Now, you said that our escapee had his second shot?"

"Yes, sir."

The bald man grinned. "Then we should start looking through his eyes, shouldn't we?"

---

"Calm down, Frank." Gasoline Threat continued to frown at Frank, "Can you just tell me what you mean?"

Frank shook his head, looking at the photo. "These people... They're scattered all over time and space..." Frank spoke as he pointed to the familiar faces, "They wouldn't of all been able to interact like this."