The Beginning

"I'm not discussing this with you again, Christopher. I have things to do!" I shouted into the phone before hanging up. I can't, I really can't. I stepped inside the classroom with a fake smile on my face and watched as my daughter yelled in excitement.

"I apologize for interrupting class miss Johnson, Leanni has a doctors appointment," I said motioning Leanni to get her things.

"Oh it's no problem! We just wrapped up our lesson for today," Ms Johnson replied.

"Does she have any homework?" I asked helping Leanni with the zipper on her jacket.

"I finished my homework in class, mommy," Leanni stated looking up at me.

"I'm still gunna check, but tell miss Johnson that you'll see her tomorrow," I responded giving her a bit of a stern look. She said goodbye to her teacher and class mates and followed behind me to the car.

I helped her into my black BMW and checked to see if she had her seatbelt on before climbing into the front seat. Music began to blare through the speakers and I turned it down just a few decibels so Leanni wouldn't complain. I could hear Christopher's ring tone playing on the inside of my purse and all I did was ignore it, I have too much to do and none of it includes his bullshit about Leanni.

"Can I go see daddy after this?" Leanni asked suddenly.

"No," I declined.

"Why?" She whined irritably.

"Mommy has other things to do," I answered simply.

"Pleaaaassseee," she begged.

"Don't beg you look like a dog," I said with an attitude. She folded her arms and faced the window with frustration. As if I care about her lil' attitude!

I pulled up to the pediatrician's office and shut off the car. We got out of the vehicle and jogged across the parking lot towards the double doors. She and I entered the doctor's office and I orders her to sit down while I sign her in.

My phone started ringing Christopher's ringtone again, and I shut my phone off entirely whilst paying the doctor's fee. After signing Leanni in, I sat next to her and tugged on one of her ponytails. She nudged me and giggled messing with the bows tied around each ponytail.

She was the spitting image of me, looking at her was like gazing through a looking glass. She had nappy, yet manageable, dark brown hair that wasn't too long or too short for her age, like me when I was five. Her eyes were almond shaped and the color of amber, but almost green like mine. She was Chris' light completion but had my lips, nose, and ears along with my small stature. She acted a lot like Chris though. She was stubborn and had a serious anger issue for someone so young, Chris' mom said that Christopher was just like that; which worries me at times.

I was sure that my little girl would make it some where in life since she had the determination that Christopher has, but if she pushes people away like he and I both do, then I don't know what her future may hold for her.

The nurse called us into one of the rooms and began taking her height and weight while I texted on my phone. I was speaking to Sean about the new back up dancer and he said so far nothing but he wanted to be present for the one they're holding tomorrow morning.

RiRi: What time tomorrow? I might be busy.

Bankhead!: Maybe like 8 or 9

RiRi: I think I can make it. You're auditioning men right?

Bankhead!: No we're auditioning chickens -.-

RiRi: Fuck you

"Excuse me, ma'am. No cell phones are allowed back here. You have to turn it off," the nurse said interrupting my thoughts. I furrowed my eye brows at her and scoffed.

"I can do what I want. No ones gunna die if I have my phone on and I'm using it," I retorted finishing up a response to Sean.

"It's our policy," she warned pointing to a sign. I blinked a few times feeling like I was in some alternate universe. I mean, cell phones are a part of daily life what the heck is wrong with a phone in the examining room?!

Filler ._.