Apologize!

Leanni and I were sitting at the breakfast table with our bowls of cereal and a notebook sitting between us. She fumbled with her pig tails as she looked into her soggy Cheerios for an answer. We were working on the details for her birthday party (I just realized that I had to throw a party for her in two weeks) and I wanted to get the venue and stuff done before she headed off to school.

"I want to have a Moroccan style party in a big ballroom of a hotel," she explained using her hands for effect, "I want Justin Bieber, Mindless Behavior, and Trevor Jackson to--"

"Hold on, Lee Lee. Trevor who?!" I queried with a shocked and confused look.

"Trevor Jackson.. You know who that is, mommy?" She asked tilting her head to the side.

"What is he? A singer... A rapper... A dancer..." I inquired moving closer to her.

"He's a singer and a dancer! Have you heard his EP? Eeekkkk!" She squealed. I jumped back placing a hand on my heart, I was completely mortified that my five year old daughter worshiped this self centered ass hole that was back up to me!!! And how the hell did she even know what an EP was?! When I was five I didn't even know what an album was!!!

She jumped up and grabbed the lap top from the living room beginning to play this hip hop influenced beat with Trevor's voice rapping along.

My jaw hit the floor.

This was one of those moments in TV shows where the mother passes out after seeing her daughter twerk, but only difference is I was going to pass out from seeing my daughter sing a song by my worst enime. My God.

"No," I said slamming the laptop shut. I shut her up before she could protest and grabbed our bowls of cereal, placing them in the dishwasher. I had nothing to say. She watched me in silence with her hands on her hips and a frown on her face. I tossed her her book bag and gathered my things so I could put her on the bus. Holy shit. I was gunna puke.

"But, mommy! We never finished!" She whined.

"We will tonight. Have a good day," I blankly said. She let out an angry shrill and I smacked her on the butt instinctively. "Get your ass on the bus, I'm not kidding!" She sucked in her tears and folded her arms as she climbed on. God, she is frustrating!

I climbed into my car and started driving to the dance studio. At a red light I had a tantalizing urge to look up some of Trevor's other stuff, but I knew that it wasn't necessarily a good idea. I didn't know why I hadn't thought about his statement about the studio room being his. What musician wants to be back up to another musician though?

Now I really wanted to look up his music and see if he was quality or bullshit. It wasn't like that five second snippet of that song was horrible... Maybe I should just take a look. I retracted my hand and drove down the street. No, no, NO! It's a waste of time. Well maybe I should, Leanni wants him to perform, however I won't allow it, but who knows he might be child appropriate.

I sighed and called myself all kinds of names in the dance studio parking lot as I looked up 'Trevor Jackson EP'. Several hits of 'New Thang' popped up and unable to differentiate between the quality, I just chose the first link I saw. A slow beat shook the speakers of my car and Trevor, in a low and very fucking sexy voice, began to speak.

"She saw me hoppin' out of that new thang..." I started to kind of get butterflies as I listened to his singing voice serenade me. He was a lot better than I thought he was and I was completely shocked, I even started dancing a little.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

I nearly had a heart attack. I cut my car off and exited out of YouTube, opening the door angrily.