Father, Daughter?

After a delicious steak dinner, we all dispersed. Trevor and I headed off to pick up Leanni. I was so angry that Chris never showed up, I was shaking. "Are you okay?" Trevor asked looking at me up and down. I scoffed furiously and turned my head the other direction.

"Chris never showed up like I told him to," I said. I was chewing on my nails and bouncing my knee exasperatedly while watching us pass all the cars in the lane next to us.

"That's no reason to be upset," he replied, "Maybe he got caught up."

"Ya know, I get that it's in your nature to be happy and optimistic, but I know that fuck nigga. I know that he was busy doing something of little importance." I looked over at Trevor who had his eyes locked on the road, not daring to look over at me.

"What pisses me off more is that I was testing him. I wanted to see who he would choose, his daughter or Jordan."

"That doesn't mean he's made his decision--"

"Like hell it does. I can't believe I thought for a second, a second that he was finally getting his shit together. I was sadly mistaken. Women over Leanni once again."

"When has he ever chosen a woman over Lee Lee?"

"The media makes it seem like I broke up with Chris after he beat me, but no. That never happened. I stayed with him because I found out at the hospital that I was pregnant and I wanted my child to have a normal life."

"When I went to tell him, he was with his side ho. He didn't care none that he was blowing me off. And when I did let him know the situation he still acted like it wasn't important. He just wanted to go cheat..."

"He cheated on me so many times, I don't think you get it. He's so manipulative, he makes you think that he's changing and he's not, he's just saying whatever he has to to get in your pants."

"Well, I hope he isn't trying to get into my pants... I'm not gay," Trevor responded. I laughed and just for a few moments, my mindless ranting didn't matter and neither did the situation. "I think tomorrow while Leanni's at school you should talk to the cops like your lawyers said and then we can go see Christopher directly after."

"Sounds fine," I said laying my head back. I was so tired.

We pulled into Kat's driveway and Leanni and Kat came out with all of Leanni's things in their hands. I got out and then helped Leanni into the back seat before turning to Kat to give her some love and appreciation for watching Leanni so often that week.

"Bitch, are you ever gunna tell me the hot gossip or nah?" She asked folding her arms over her chest.

I giggled, "As soon as it's over I'll tell you from beginning to end."

"You better. Text me later, mamita," she said. She punched my arm playfully and then waved goodbye to Trevor and Leanni. I watched her hips sway as she trudged up her walkway and inside of her home.

I got back into the passenger side and strapped my seatbelt. "Did you have fun?" I asked Leanni.

"Yeah, we had a great time," Leanni answered.

"You ready for school tomorrow?" Trevor questioned backing out of the driveway.

"I was born ready," she responded. I smiled and leaned my head against the window, fighting my exhaustion.

I ended up falling asleep on the way home and so did Leanni, Trevor had to basically carry us both inside of the house. He tucked Leanni in first in her bed and then lead me to the bedroom with his hands on my shoulders.

"I can't walk, carry me," I said standing still. He chuckled and then lifted me up bridal style while planting a kiss on my cheek. Placing my head on his chest, my face began to burn with redness and I tried my best not to giggle like a little school girl.