XVII. Playing Matchmaker

Shoutout to adrika2908 since she was the person who inspired the character of Adeline! You can imagine her as Lucy Hale or even Sophia/Danielle if you want to ❤️

HALEY'S POV:

I woke up the next day and let out a little squeal of delight. Alyssa was back in town, that's why. I made a mental note to drop by at her house this afternoon. Since it was a Saturday, I decided to go it for a jog, so I changed into my running clothes, grabbed my earphones and phone and set out for my jog.

Midway through my jogging, I bumped into Liam. He was wearing a black adidas hoodie and track pants. Turns out, he too would jog every Saturday. It's a mystery how we never bumped into each other before.

"Hey, Haley! How are you?" He gave me a polite smile as he started jogging beside me.

"I'm great, Liam! How about you?" I smiled back.

"I'm amazing. I didn't know you jog?" He asked me, starting a conversation.

"Yeah, I do every Saturday." I informed.

We jogged silently for a while, but the silence wasn't awkward at all.

"You know I'm a fitness trainer, right?" Liam suddenly asked me.

"Yeah, I remember you told us. Why?" I was curious now.

"Oh, um, there's this girl...in the gym I train and, uh, well, yeah..." Liam fumbled with his words, his cheeks turning pink, and I found my smile widening.

"You like her, don't you?" I chuckled, patting him on the back as we jogged and he simply nodded, his cheeks flushed even more.

"I don't mind you telling me, but how come I'm your choice to confide in this information?" I was curious. I wouldn't say me and Liam weren't good friends, but we weren't the best of friends either. I had assumed his first choice to be Harry.

"Well, I talked to Harry about this and he told me you could be of great help, since you're good at this." He gave me a small smile.

"I'll try to help you the best I can." I assured him.

"So, what's her name? How long have you liked her?" I asked him.

"Her name is Adeline. She joined the gym about a month or two ago and once I saw her, I couldn't get my eyes off her." He smiled fondly and I found my smile growing wider.

"We've talked here and there, small conversations and such. She would come up to me for some advice, since I'm a trainer and all, not that she needs any. She's perfect." He grinned and I resisted the urge to 'aww'.

"What does she look like?" I asked him.

"She is absolutely beautiful, Haley. She has jet black hair going down a little past her shoulders, beautiful light brown eyes and she even has glasses. And her smile, oh my god, nothing is prettier than her face when she smiles, eyes crinkling, her teeth on display." He sighed, a small smile gracing his lips.

"Aww Liam! You really like her, don't you?" I gushed, bumping his shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah I do."

We both exchanged a smile and then continued jogging. We were entering a park now. It was larger than the park I spent my childhood in, but I loved coming here too. This place was ideal for jogging.