XXV. Welcome to the Emerald Isle

I couldn't possibly wait till the authors note in the end to tell you guys this, so here I am. BARRED IS 602 IN FANFICTION RN AND I LITERALLY SAT DOWN AND STARTED CRYING THANK YOU SO SO SO SO SO MUCH TO EACH AND EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU WHO READ VOTE COMMENT AND GIVE ME SO MUCH LOVE.

This would never have happened without you. Sincerely, from the bottom of my heart, thank you to each and every single one of you. I can never express how thankful I am rn. I love all of you so so so much ❤️

HALEY'S POV:

The following week passed by pretty quickly, and soon enough, it was Friday, the day I was flying to Ireland with Niall. We were to leave at night, spend the weekend there and then catch a late night flight back to Manchester on Sunday. I had called up my mum, after a lot of deliberating, informing her about me not being at home for the weekend. I didn't mention I was going with Niall, but she thankfully didn't prod me on it.

As usual she had been busy and just devoted literally 20 seconds of her time to the call.

This is how the call had gone:

Me: Hey mum, I uh-

Mum: Haley I don't have a lot of time, so be quick with whatever it is you have to say.

Me: Fine. I'm going out for the weekend so I won't be home.

Mum: Yeah alright. Listen Haley, i really need to go I'll call you sometime later, okay? Bye.

And then the line went dead. She wasn't even paying attention to what I'd said, so I sent her a text as well, just in case my parents decided to pop back home sometime this weekend, which was highly unlikely, but I did what I thought would be good.

Anyways, I was super excited for the trip. I had always wanted to visit Ireland, simply because of how amazing and lively the Irish are. Take Niall for example, whenever he's around, it's like you're the happiest person alive. He literally radiates carefreeness and liveliness. You'd never be bored if you're with Niall. That's literally Irish people in a nutshell. The beauty of the country is just an addition to why I want to explore Ireland.

It takes about an hour to fly from Manchester to Dublin and then there's a one and a half hour drive from Dublin to Mullingar, where Niall's family lives. So all in all, it would roughly take us about four hours to get to Niall's house, all pit stops included.

I had all of my necessities for the trip packed up in one duffle bag and I was just going through everything one last time, in case I'd forgotten anything. I was beyond nervous to be meeting Niall's family. I'd heard so many lovely things about them from Niall and I even Skyped with his mum and Theo, but I still felt extremely nervous.

I hadn't met Greg, Denise and Bobby yet, and although Niall today me ample amount of times that they love me, it's still scaring me. What if I fuck something up due to nervousness? What if I say something I'm not supposed to say? What if I embarrass myself in front of them? These were the thoughts running in my head as I sat on the couch, dressed in a grey sweatshirt and black leggings at midnight waiting for Niall to come so that we could head to the airport.

Just as I was about to dose off on the couch, the sound of the doorbell startled me up. I stumbled to my door to find Niall standing in his track pants and a jumper, an uber on the road behind him, ready to drive us to the airport.