XXXIV. Goodbyes and Broken Hearts

Before you begin can I just take a moment and say ÷ by Ed Sheeran is fucking flawless and it slayed my entire existence.

And those bitches who harassed Eleanor and Louis can choke. Assholes.

You can read along now. Thank you.

HALEY'S POV:

Like Alyssa had promised, she showed up at my house the next afternoon to help me pack my bags. I was leaving for Toronto the day after tomorrow and only Alyssa, Harry and Louis knew about it. I made Louis swear on his life not to tell Niall about me leaving until I've left. Because I know if I have to say goodbye to him, I'll never leave.

We packed and packed for hours on end. Finally when it was almost night time, I was packed to leave, barring a few necessities that I'll need for the two days that I'm still here.

The next day, I quit my job at Mason's Cafe, that's how Harry found out I was leaving. He was mad at first, but then soon got my point and respected my decision. Mrs Mason was sweet enough to tell me that when I come back here, she'll always have an empty slot for me. I hugged her tight for this. She was like a second mum to me.

I was aware that I wouldn't be able to return back to Manchester in time for my college to begin, so my parents talked to our principal and made arrangements for me to be studying via online classes for as long as I am in Toronto. So I wasn't going to suffer academically.

Alyssa was spending as much time with me as she possibly could before I leave. She was almost always at my house, both of us trying to make the most of the little time we had. Even Harry and Louis had spent some time with me and had promised to come see me off at the airport on the day I was leaving.

Finally, the day had arrived for me to leave. I had received a call from my mum informing me that both my parents will be at the airport to receive me. I searched through my house one more time, checking to see if I had everything and that there is nothing out of place. I went up to my room, took a good look around, simply because I'd not be seeing this place for a long, long time.

When I finally decided that everything is in place, I grabbed my stuff and made my way downstairs where all my luggage was. I plopped down on the couch, waiting for Louis, Harry and Alyssa to arrive. I sighed. I was conflicted. On one hand I was really happy to be able to rekindle the relationship with my parents and on the other hand, I was heartbroken to leave behind a devastated Niall and all my friends.

I decided not to think about it as I plugged in my earphones to listen to some music. After a while, I heard my doorbell ring. I opened the door to be greeted by my three friends.

"Ready to go?" Harry gave me a small, sad smile.

"Not really, but I guess I need to do this." I sighed, hugging him.

"Let's get your luggage in." Louis decided and made his way into my house, Harry and Alyssa following suit. I noticed Alyssa was being really quiet tonight.

We quickly loaded my luggage into Harry's car and got in. Harry was driving and I claimed shotgun. Louis and Alyssa sat at the back. I took one last glance at Niall's house, and then mine, and then we were off.

The drive to the airport was short. We all tried to keep the atmosphere light and lively, but no one could deny the sadness that hung in the air. The burst of emotions we all were feeling was too strong and overpowering. We were just prolonging something that was bound to happen.