XVI. Cooking

NIALL'S POV:

I watched her as she fell asleep in my arms. She looked so peaceful, as if she hadn't just cried her eyes out just a few minutes ago. She looked like an angel, some of her hair falling on her face, but I was quick to brush them back to where they belonged.

I sighed as I held her in a more comfortable position. I knew something was off after college ended today. Haley looked disturbed, but I didn't ask her what happened. When I got home and Alyssa called me, saying Haley wasn't picking up, I tensed.

Haley never ignored Alyssa's calls, so I knew something was severely wrong. I called Haley up, but then she didn't even pick my calls up and then I started to panic. I immediately left my house and came knocking at hers. When she opened the door, my eyes widened as I felt my heart shatter yet again at her sad state.

And just like I always do, I took care of her. She didn't want to talk about what happened and I respected that. I wouldn't persuade her to tell me something she doesn't want to talk about, ever. I planted a kiss to her forehead, stroking her hair time and again.

Then I picked her up, bridal style, and carried her up to her room. I gently placed her on her bed and pulled the duvet over her. Then I decided to do something that surprised me to no end.

I decided to cook something for her.

So I went down to her kitchen, searching around for something nice to make. Finally I decided to make mac and cheese for her. I took my time, trying to make it as good as possible. I don't want to brag or anything, but I've been told I'm an excellent cook, so why not use the skills I've got?

I prepared the food and carried it up to her room, setting it on her bedside table. I didn't want to leave, but I kind of had to. I scribbled a note for Haley to see when she woke up and after placing once last lingering kiss on her forehead, I left her house to go run some errands that I was supposed to before I got Alyssa's call.

HALEY'S POV:

I woke up to the smell of Mac and cheese. I looked at my bedside table to find a plate filled with it. In an instant, a huge smile made its way on my lips. I looked around the room and frowned when there was no Niall in sight. I don't know why, but I hoped he'd stay around when I woke up.

As I picked up the bowl of food, I saw a not beside it. I picked it up and read it, a smile back on my face.

Dear Haley,

I'm sorry I couldn't stay for you to wake up, I had some errands to run.

But I made Mac and cheese as a way to make up to you. I hope you like it.

And I hope you're smiling as you read this. It was kinda the motive of all this effort. Wouldn't want it to go waste now, do we? ;)

Take care, Haley.
Love,
Niall xx

P.S the Mac and cheese has a secret ingredient. It's called 'LOL'. And no, it's not Laugh Out Loud ;) x.

I laughed as I read the last part. He was so cute. I set the not down carefully back from where I picked it up and started to eat the Mac and cheese, and damn, Niall was an amazing chef. I loved it so much, I ate the whole bowl in minutes. The fact that Niall even thought of this gesture was enough to make me smile and make my heart melt.

After I was done eating, I quickly tucked the note safely inside the drawer of my bedside table, grabbed the bowl of empty food and went downstairs.

I checked the clock and realized it was my shift at the cafe in 15 minutes. I freshened up, changed into something presentable, grabbed my earphones, phone and all the other necessary belongings and started to make my way towards the coffee shop.