Jesse

I hear yells from outside, "Hands up!" Merle and I look at each other and zip down the stairs, Diego following. We run towards a wall where men aligned their guns, pointing at a man. Merle jumps up and pulls me up. I stand there in my pjs, staring as a man approaches, arms raised high, "Yo I ain't going to fight!" The man says.

I stare at the man, trying to remember why I've seen him before. "My sister Badger needs help!"

Badger..... I know that name.

I jump down from the wall and onto the other side. "Don't shoot!" I scream to the men. They look at me, Shupert pointing and arrow at my chest. I turn around to face the man, "Jesse....?"

He nods as I turn back around, "Scout... Merle...."

I nod, watching as Merle glares at him, gun pointing at his chest, "Merle don't!" I run in front of Jesse like a shield, when Merle takes the first shot.

The bullet lands a few feet away from us. I turn my attention to Merle and start screaming, "What the fuck Merle? You could have killed us!"

Merle hops down and rushes to us, anger radiating off his body. Tension growing in the air in layers of hatred. He brushes past me and throws a punch at Jesse. "Merle!" I scream. Merle ignored my screams, hovering over top of Jesse, punching him repeatedly in the face. I run towards them as Merle raises his fist to throw the final blow. I grab his hand and kick his side, not knowing if it'll actually work. Merle topples to the ground beside him, clutching his side.

"Get out of my way Scout! That Jackass coulda killed ya!" I stop in my tracks. Merle looks at me, like he didn't want to say that but he did. I glare down at Jesse.

Jesse was a drug addict. He was a messed up prick who only cared about his next piece of tail, He wasn't like family, but he was like a partner, someone who would look out for me. Only Tyler, Merle, and me were family. He has a little sister, Badger, 12 I think she is now. Badger was the favorite of the family, all perfect at everything, while Jesse was the fucked up addict.

Jesse is around 21 and I'm around 16-17, 4 years older than me. He was messed up with an evil man, who sent his men to kill Merle. That's when I had my accident...

I lean down and haul Jesse up. He looks at me in shock, "I'm so sorry...." he whispers, eyes wide in disbelief. The last time I saw Jesse, didn't exactly end up well.

I shake it off and take Merle's hand, pulling him up as well. I let go of Jesse and stalk up to Merle, anger coursing through, "You take one more step towards him, you won't have a left hand!" I threaten, but it's not enough for Merle to calm down.

I look up at the men on the wall, sighing, "Don't fire. I want to talk to Phillip and figure out what to do with him. Right now, I'm going with him to find his sister," I explain. A man nods his head, jumping down from his position.

I run inside the walls before I can hear Merle's rant, and into my apartment. I vault into my bag and scurry off into the bathroom, changing into a more appropriate attire. When I walk back out of the room, Merle grabs my arm and tightens his grip, "Let me go!" I scream.

He shakes his head, "You're not going anywhere with jackass!"

I pull my arm away and scowl at him, "Watch me."

I run down the hallway and out the leading doors. I climb the wall once again and jump down. Diego watches me from on top, whining and whimpering. I signal him to stay, and he listens. Jesse stands there, his toque only revealing his eyes. He always has a toque on. I haven't really seen him without one. I push Jesse backwards, turning his body around. He looks at me as I brush past him, speechless. I start making my way down the road, not caring if he follows. But soon I'm greeted by his presence. He catches up, panting.