Out cold

Scouts POV

After my guard shift, I walk back into the prison, hoping that Merles in his cell. I sneak past everyone in the mess hall and run towards Merles cell. I stop in my tracks when I hear Carol and Merles voice. "I brought you some food" Merle moves off the bed and takes the tray, "Thank you" he nods.

"Figured you're part of our family now..." Merle signals her to sit so she sits on the bench, "It's not much, but considering of what we had, it's enough...." There's about a minute pause till she breaks it again, "I should have been dead several times over..."

Merle nods, "Ain't that the truth for us all"

"I think part of the reason is... people underestimate me..." Where the hell is she going with this?

"Don't underestimate me..."

Merle raises his eyebrows, "'cuse me?"

"I've seen you making the rounds, trying to play nice" I hear footsteps coming behind me as I whip around to see Daryl. "But if you screw this up... mess with Scout.... mess with Daryl...." Oh fuck! "I will slit your throat in your sleep..." I stand there in shock, covering my mouth, forcing myself not to laugh! She fucking threatened Merle?! FUCK!!!

Merle looks over Carols shoulder and looks at me and Daryl. I turn to see Daryl looking at her in question, "Enjoy your food" she says and walk out not even paying attention to both of us. Merle just smirks as I see Daryl start to redden. He knows what Merles going to do know, I do to. Going to tease the hell out of him. I might not even get Daryl to talk for about a week!

Daryl walks off into his cell, mumbling, "Damn women" I let out a laugh so loud I think it echoed through the whole prison. Merle gets up again and watches as she walks down the hallway, smirking as if he knows what to say to Hillbilly.

I walk to him, smiling and laughing. "Don't go bugging Hillbilly over this, you'll only cause him grief."

He smirks, "What makes you think I'm going to say anything to him about this?" "Because I know you. And Daryl has his own problems right now, he doesn't need you to tease him. And don't go saying anything to Carol either, she's busy with the rest of the family. I know that you wanted to say something but she quickly left so your going to go straight to her and say what you want to say. Just leave her be." He smirks.

"You fucking read my mind sweetheart" I chuckle.

After dinner, which Carol and Beth prepared, I walk over to Carol. She turns away from her job and looks at me, "Hey Carol... um... never mind it's stupid..." She shakes her head, "No, tell me... I'm here for ya"

I let out a large breath and look at her, "Do you think Badger can sleep in your cell? I just... want her away from Jesse for now, I need to talk to him. And I'd feel safer if she was with you..."

She smiles, "Sure thang.... Ill be happy to... it's been lonely without Lori to talk to..." I cascade in her eyes that thought hurt her, but she just smiles. "Shit... I didn't even think about you and Lori... fuck... I could have easily done something for you if I had known." She shakes her head, "No it fine... You don't have to do anything for me, I'll do anything you want me to do. I'm here"

I smile and hug her, "It's good to have you back.... Daryl was starting to worry about ye" I smirk looking over Carols shoulder to see Daryl standing there. I just silently giggle. "Ya right..." I lock with Daryl's eyes, seeing them start to sink. "I should be the one teasing you" we both laugh, still holding onto her, making sure she's still real.

We finally release each other, "I should get going. I'm going to beg Daryl for me to go with him and hunt. Like he'll ever let me" she lets out a chuckle, "Good luck, I've been asking him to take me for months! I doubt he thinks I'm capable enough!"