Safe

We've been trapped in this hell hole for at least three days. Daryl hasn't returned from his hunt, and there's no way out of the house. Walkers surround the house, but surprisingly they haven't figured out we're in here. Trigger has been ignoring Merle and I for at least three days. I haven't seen him like this. Its like he finally just figured out that Hunter and June are long gone. But that was weeks ago. He can't go into the dark now. we need him now. More than ever. With the governor watching our every move, he's probably attacking the prison now. My heart starts to race at the thought of that. I shake my head and focus now on my knife.

I snap out of my thoughts the second I hear a thud on the roof. I jump up and look at Merle. He stares at the roof. "Scout. Get you and Trigger to safety. Make sure Diego stays quiet. Don't need him to wake up the neighbours" I smile and give a quiet laugh.

As I'm about to move, I hear the trap door to the roof open. I clutch my knife and stare at it. My heart stops, "Daryl?!" I feel relief wash over me. He starts to chuckle. I scream at him, "You asshole! You scared us half to death!"

"Nice to see you two" I roll my eyes. "Next time I'll be sure to knock" I hit his shoulder.

"Where the hell have you been?!"

"Couldn't find any prey. It's like their going extinct. Finally caught some squirrels. But when I got back, I couldn't get to the door. Neither of them. So I climbed a tree and jumped on the roof"

I start to laugh,"Ya and did you fall in the hot tub as well?!"

he growls, "No I didn't fall in the damn hot tub!"

"Do you guys hear that?" I turn to face Trigger. He looks up, listening. I do the same. I gasp at the sound of a truck.

"Grab your bags. Now!" Merle demands. We both nod and do what he says. Merle and Daryl climb up the ladder to the roof. Trigger pushes Diego up, as we both do the same. My eyes scan the walker covered area. Then I spot it. A grey truck speeds our direction. What if it's the governor?!

"Well look at that." Merle says handing Daryl the binoculars. "What is it?" I ask. Merle smiles, "Darlina's little girlfriend" My eyes widen in shock. "And it looks like my Nubian Queen as well" Fuck! Why did Carol and Michonne leave the prison?

The truck comes around the house and stops right where we stand. Michonne sits on the passenger window seal and starts firing at the walkers. Carol does the same, "Come on!" Carol yells.

Diego hops in the back of the truck into the box. Trigger follows, with Merle after. I sheath my knife and follow. Daryl's the last. Michonne and Carol retrieve back into the cab and floors the gas.

We speed away from the town and out in the country.

______________________________________________________________________________________

We stop at an abandoned cabin and unload the truck. Carol and Michonne take the small room while the rest of us takes the master bedroom, while Daryl sleep on the couch. Stubborn as always. Merle would probably take the other, but I think he might be afraid that Trigger and I will be together. My whole body shakes. Triggers my best friend and all, but seriously? That's all that I think of him. I don't know. Him and I have been getting closer, but he's more like my brother. I don't know. After June, Hunter, and Tyler died he's always been there. I feel safe with him. And I hope I do, we've been friends for so long, I'd be called crazy if I thought he'd EVER do some thing to break my trust.

I snap out of my thoughts when I feel something at my feet. I kneel down in front of Diego and give him a good ear rub. He groans in pleasure then retreats back towards Daryl. He stops at his feet, as he looks up at Daryl and I hide behind the truck. Daryl looks around to make sure no ones watching, then leans down and scratches behind Diego's ear, "Good boy" then he snaps back up at the voice of his brother. He grabs his crossbow and slings it over his shoulder and retreats back inside. Diego and I follow him in.