Something about Raspberry Jam...

OK I KNOW THE TITTLE IS WEIRD BUT YOU'LL GET IT WHEN U READ IT! ENJOY!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

SCOUTS POV

It's been five days since Daryl was knocked out. I sit on my knees and examine his face. Tears spill down, burning against my cold skin. I lay my head down, sobbing. I hear light footsteps enter to cell, knowing it was Carol. She leans down and rubs my back. "Hey... I think you need to get some sleep... you haven't for at least 4 days.... Ill watch him and call you if something happens...." I swallow down another sob, "Ok..." I rise to my feet, walking to the door. I stop and run back to her, embracing her in a hug, "Don't ever leave me.... please...."

Her hand runs through my greasy red hair, "I won't.... I think you should go down to the showers, it'll help you relax. Maybe eat something as well. You can sleep in my cell with Badger tonight. Jesse's on watch." I nod bunching up the back of her shirt, "Ok..." I sob.

I plant a kiss on her head and walk out towards the showers.....

----------------------------------------

CAROLS POV

I run a wet cloth against Daryl's skin, hoping to cool him down and also wash the grime off of him. His chest heaves up and down, normally. I look at his eye lids twitch as if something sickening was happening. I lean down and plant a kiss on his forehead. I've been wanting to do that for a while, but I know if he was awake he'd reject me and run off in the woods.

As I finish cleaning I'm startled by Daryl's flinch and body squirming. Sweat pours off of him and he moans. "Daryl?"

I fall off the bed when his body raises as he lets out a blood curdling scream. His body is straight up, eyes wide awake. "Carol?!" I look at him stunned.

I pick myself up and move to the edge of the bed, "I'm right here..." I wrap my arms around him, "It's ok.... I'm here for ya...." His chest heaves as he also wraps his arms around me. I hear a sob come from his throat as I feel something wet hit my shoulder. Is Daryl Dixon crying?

I rub his back as I hear footsteps running down the hallway. I turn a little to see Scout looking Daryl in the eyes, "Daryl?!" A shriek of joy springs out. I unwrap my arms from his and he does the same. I can see under his eyes his rim is bright red. Scout engulfs him with her own arms, "'Msorry..." She mumbles.

He kisses her forehead, "It's ok.... I should have been paying attention...." She shakes her head, "No, I just got distracted because someone called my name but when I turned no one was there. Then I heard you swear and you hit your head pretty good... I'm surprised you even remember us two..." He gently rubs the back of his head, "I'm ok, just my head and shoulder hurts, nothing else...."

I smirk at them both. "Scout, can you get Merle for me and tell Beth to bring some soup for Daryl? I need to check over his wounds." I ask. She smiles and runs out of the cell.

I smile as I see her disappear then look back down at Daryl. His eyes full of fear and sadness. I sit on the edge of the bed, "You ok?" I whisper.

He shrugs, "Bout as good as I look" I smirk grabbing a new roll of gauze. I touch his head as he flinches. This time it's the worst flinch I've seen him do. I start to unwrap his bandage, wiping off the blood which still pours down. He looks down at his hands, trying to hold in tears. I roll the new gauze around his head, throwing the old one beside my foot. I tie to two end together and place my hand against his cheek. His head slightly turns to face mine, our eyes locking. My heart drops when I absorb his pain. If I could do anything to take that away from him I would.