Krashlyn - Long Distance

With the NWSL season started, Ashlyn and Ali are facing a long distance relationship and are tying their best to make it work.

**

"Ash, your phone's vibrating. Again." Alex walked back out from the side lines, hinting back towards Ashlyn's bag. She seemed slightly annoyed at the fact that Ashlyn's phone had been going off at inconvenient times quite a lot lately. The known soccer couple often being referred to as 'Krashlyn' being in different states for the majority of the NWSL season was hard for them, seeing as they had different schedules and timezones. They were really only able to make random calls, usually when the other one was busy. Still, whenever one called, the other would do whatever it took just to get a few minutes in with each other.

"Sorry, it'll only be a minute." Ashlyn excused herself to the Captain, running from her position in goal. "Tell Ali I said hi." Alex mumbled back, causing them both to crack a smile. Ashlyn reached her bag and saw the name of her girlfriend on the screen.

"Hi, babe." Ashlyn answered, not being able to hold back a huge grin from the sound of Ali's voice. "God, I miss your voice." Ali spoke on the other end, causing Ashlyn to smile even wider. "Sorry to call during practice, I just had to let you know I can't make it to our Skype date tonight." Ali said on the other end, sounding both sad and guilty as she spoke.
"Again?" Ashlyn sighed, trying not to get too disappointed even though she had really been looking forward to their talk. They haven't had a proper conversation in almost a week, and it's bringing them both down.
"I know, I'm sorry! Jim is killing us over here, we're on a strike and we can't lose it and-" Ashlyn stopped Ali mid-sentence by saying her name. "It's okay, I get it." Ashlyn continued, dragging her hand through her hair.
"It's not your fault, it's me too. We have crazy schedules, it's just how it is." They both knew it was going to be like this, and they have gotten through long distance before in the past.
"I just really miss you." Ashlyn ended, hearing her girlfriend now sigh at the other end.
"I miss you too, babe. A lot. But we'll see each other soon, okay? The Pride vs Spirit game is not that far away." Ali tried making her favorite person better, being pretty much the only one knowing how to. "I know." Ashlyn smiled a little into the phone, knowing she would get to see Ali in a couple of weeks.
"Is that Ash?" Ashlyn headed someone yell from Ali's side of the phone, before lots of weird noises appeared. "Mom?" She recognized Crystal on the other end, now laughing at the 'mom' comment.
"Hi Dunn, how are you?" Ashlyn was happy to hear from her friend. "I miss seeing my mommies together, Kriegs is a mess without you." Crystal said, now laughing a little herself.
"I'm no mess, give me that." Ali and crystal were fighting over the phone, and Ashlyn just stood there smiling like an idiot. She missed those two so damn much.

"Harris! Get back here." Someone was yelling from the pitch, and Ashlyn knew she had to obey. "Ali, I'm sorry, I have to go." She said, automatically more sad into the phone.
"It's okay, we'll talk soon. I love you." Ali, who had now gotten possession of the phone answered, trying not to make it too painful to say goodbye. They both know though that it was just as hard each time.
"I love you too. Oh, and Alex says hi." Ashlyn remembered the words from her teammate. "Tell her I miss her ass too, almost as much as yours." Ali joked, earning a short laugh from the goalkeeper. "I better wake up to one hell of a morning text." Ashlyn joked too, trying to end on a light note instead of a sad one.
"You will. Bye, babe." They both said their goodbyes a couple times, before hanging up.