.17

I sat in my living room. Laptop in my lap. I was in a giant t-shirt and my hair was in a messy bun.

I looked at the flash drive carefully. In this drive could be things that will change the way I looked at Stephen forever or just show me a bunch of bullshit and I can say I wasted my time.

Part of me was hoping it was just some bullshit and not anything serious.

I don't think I have the heart to send him in.

In the beginning of the mission I did but now I don't know.

I'm confused.

I sighed and got up. I placed the drive on my table and went to the kitchen I grabbed a wine glass and poured my self a glass of wine.

I took a sip and went back into the living room.

I then heard knocking on my door.

I sighed and went to it.

I looked through the peep hole. It was Stephen. My heart jumped. I opened the door and saw him standing there.

"Uh hi." He said.

I smiled awkwardly.

"Hey. What's up?" I asked. "Uh. I needed your help with some paper work." He said. "Couldn't it wait till tomorrow at work?" I asked. "I have to fax it tonight." He said.

I chuckled.

"Come in." I said.

I led him to the living room. My eyes widened at the sight of the flash drive. I quickly went to the retrieve it.

"I'll be back." I said.

He nodded.

I quickly went to my room and hid the drive and my badge. Can't have my cover blown like this.

I put on a bra and some shorts. Didn't want him seeing anything.

I walked back out and saw him sitting down on the couch looking at papers.

"Can I get you anything to drink?" I asked.

He shook his head. I sighed and sat down next to me.

"So what do I need to look at?" I asked.

He handed me papers. I looked over them quietly.

I glanced over at Wardell every now and then. To my disappointment he wasn't looking at me.

I wished he was though.

I mentally cursed myself. These little feelings need to stop. Plus he doesn't even like me like that. He has over a million girl friends and toys. I would just be another on his list.

I licked my lips and took a sip of my wine.

I took a deep breath and continued reading the papers.