.23

Today I got to leave the hospital. My injuries have all healed. I just have a small bruise on my cheek but it's going away.

I walked out of the bathroom fully clothed in normal clothing.

Wardell turned around and gave me a small smile. I went into his arms and buried my face in his chest.

He chuckled and kissed my head.

"Let's go." He said.

I nodded and we left.

Jacob and Wardell have been talking more. It's weird in my opinion.

I told Jacob anything Wardell tells him he can't repeat. I made him promise me. Jerome well I haven't heard from him since the flowers.

Part me feels like Jerome is working with somebody else because Jerome has no connections like this. He was never really hood. I don't know why he's acting like it now.

Wardell finished signing the papers and then we left. He opened the passenger side for me.

"Thank you." I said. He smiled and nodded before getting in on the other side.

"Do you want something to eat?" He asked. "I can just cook when I get home." I said. "Oh you're not going home. You're staying with me for a while. Just until it's safe to go back." He said.

I nodded. Knowing that he was doing this for a good reason.

"OK then I'll just cook at your house." I said.

He nodded. We started driving. Wardell lived about a half hour from the hospital. We stopped at a stop light. I looked out the window and saw Jerome. He was with a white boy. I looked closer and noticed it Stavos Fotopolus.

"Wardell look." I said while pointing towards the men.

His windows were tinted so they couldn't see us clearly.

"Isn't that Stavos Fotopolus." I said.

He looked at me in a questioning way.

"I read about him in the newspaper." I lied. "Yes that is. What the hell is he doing with Jerome?" He asked. "Maybe they're working together." I said.

I saw them get up and go to a car.

"Follow them." I mumbled. "What?" He asked. "I wanna know if Jerome us working with them. Follow them please." I said.

He sighed and turned the car. He started following them. We stayed a good distance away from them so they wouldn't suspect anything.

"Turn left." I stated.

Wardell nodded and he turned. He stopped the car and pulled into a parking.

"Are we going in?" I asked. "I'm going in. You're staying here." He said. "What no. I'm going in with you. The last time I was left alone I got beat. If I'm with you I know that won't happen. So I'm going." I said.

He sighed.

"You're a pain in the ass." He said. I smiled widely knowing I won.